Avengers: stony part 1

It's funny how everything can change in the blink of an eye. It's funny how someone can leave your life just as easily as they walked in. Well I guess that's what I deserve. I'm surprised he stayed with me as long as he did. I never treated him right anyway.

---several years earlier ---

i was the new kid in school. i always was the new kid in school. my parents were always moving for work and i forced to move with them. i had a very luxurious life style. my father was never home, and my mother was a saint who was taken from this world to early. she was a beautiful woman and always had our home filled with all types if flowers. She was taken from me when i was 12. life was hell after that, especially when my father started to come home drunk. He'd toss me around and through me out of the house for weeks on end. I would stay over with a friend from time to time.

My father passed on not long after that. I was never told the full story but what i do know it is the same reason as my mother, a car crash. I was told that the breaks went out in his car. I hardly believe that to be the case. My father was a very powerful and influential man back then and made a number of enemies, and each one wanting to take him out of the picture.

--- 5 years earlier ---

Some people would say I escaped this world, but if you ask me, I would say, "I was taken from it." Wars no place for anyone let alone me. Money wasn't my game. All I wanted was the perfect girl on my arm. After being taken I learned that perfect would fall towards not that of a woman, but of man. He being someone I would come to care for with the little heart I had that was still in one piece. Being trapped and surrounded by ice. Well it's nothing I wanted to do again. The men who took me. They didn't treat me right and they killed the man who saved my life. Blood is a color one does not forget so easily.

--- 4 years earlier ---

I returned from war a few tools short of a set. By that I mean my heart. It was broken into so many parts that I didn't even know where to begin to fix it. I was all alone and the only thing that kept me going was the thought of him. The one man my father never shut up about. I hated my father for comparing me to him and yet, well, I loved him. He was a childhood story I was told every night. The famous Captain America would take out all these villains. He was my hero and the only reason I made it out of that cave. I don't know why it chose him but I did. Pepper was gone and married with a family of her on.

I needed my way out and I needed to be whole again, or at least try to get there.

--- 3 years ago ---

I met my hero. He's nothing like the stories I heard as a child. Intact I don't know what I'd be without him here. We got into a fight and I said something's I regret. I didn't want to make a lasting impression of my rude behavior. He said words about me that were true. I do look for the easy way out. It's in my nature and I can't help that. As we fought I knew I would regret it. A war was coming and he was better off hating me.

I she'd a tear after I watched that missile blow. I thought I had met my end and and all I could think about was my, what would have been my last words to Steve. My suit started to shut down. As I lay there in the darkness i could hear you call my name. As i drifted in and out of conciousness all i could think about was your face. i tried to call out to you, but no words left my mouth. I tried to be a hero... A tear shed from my eye as i closed my eyes for what i thought to be the last time.

i woke up on the streets of Manhattan with steve thor and the hulk around me. I tried to make a joke, but i knew that there was no time for it. Especially when we were reminded that the threat we faced was still out there.

--- 2 year ago ---

I got a call from Narasha one night, i had no idea what was going on till i was told to retrieve steves shield. i hurried to the hospital after that with his shield and note in hand only to find steve asleep in his room, and a man talking to Natasha by the door. I hid the note as i walked in the room. I didnt notice the door had been shut till i set Steve's shield down. I placed the folded up note in his hand, smiled, then left.