Echo

THIS IS A STONY, SOMEWHAT STUCKY, FANFICTION. THE TIME LINE DOES NOT FLOW LIKE THE MARVEL MOVIEVERSE DOES. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT. THANKS FOR READING. :)

________________________________________________________________

Steve ran through the park late one night. The forecast called for warm weather and yet it started to rain. The little boy from Brooklyn was far away from home tonight and he didn't mind. On his runs he could clear his mind, on his runs he could forget everything.

Steve continued running till he turned onto a street that faced Stark Tower and smiled. He knew he'd be home soon and alone but at the same time seeing the Stark building lit up, well it gave him hope for something better in the world, something he knew in his heart would be a long way away.

--- SITTING AT THE BRIDGE ---

"I'm out on the edge screaming your name like a fool at the top of my lungs. Sometime when I close my eyes I pretend I'm alright but it's never enough. Because your echo, echo is the only voice coming back and your shadow, shadow is the only friend that I have, "Steve got off the bridge and continued walking, "I don't want to be an island. I just want to see your face again," a tear fell from his face, "but until then your just my echo."

---

THE NEXT DAY IN MANHATTAN

---

Steve ran into the city to by supplies. He was about to go into the store when he saw a run away truck headed for a man walking through the cross walk. Steve took off and tackled the man getting him out of the way.

Steve helped the man up and said, "Are you alright?"

"I," the brunette dusted himself off, "I'll live. Thank you."

Steve smiled, "good. Take care if yourself Mr.," Steve started to walk away when the brunette called out, "what's your name?"

Steve turned around and hollered out, "Steve," before walking into the store to get his needed supplies.

---

STARK TOWER

THE NEXT MORNING

---

Tony sat on the couch working on his lap top when Pepper came walking in.

"Tony," pepper turned on the new, "why didn't you tell me?"

Tony looked at the television, "some got it on camera, hmm."

"Who saved you?"

Tony looked back at pepper, "he said his name was Steve, "tony handed the tablet to pepper, "his files been erased. All that's there is a name and photo."

"Who would block this?"

"I don't know. I have Jarvis running through it to see if there are any back doors that might be opened to get in."

"Will find your mystery man."

Tony smiled, "mystery man?" tony laughed.

--- WEEKS LATER ---

Steve went on his evening run and decided to run down the street where Stark Tower was. He was about to run passed when the brunette from weeks earlier called out his name. Steve stopped and turned around to see the brunette he had saved weeks earlier.

"steve i've been looking for you."

steve gave the man a questioned look, "i just wanted to invite you for dinner as a sort of thank you present."

steve didnt say anything.

"hows tonight sound?"

steve was a bit hesitant, "tonight?"