Iron man

I WAS LISTENING TO MUSIC WHILE I WAS WRITTING THIS. THE STORY TAKES PLACE DURING THE FIRST IRONMAN MOVIE. IT IS A BIT OFF FOR THE TIME FLOW OF THE MOVIE. STEVE WAS FOUND THE YEAR BEFORE TONY WENT MISSING. HOPE YOU LIKE IT.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tony was walking through the desert when Rhodey and several other soldiers flew over head. when the helicopters landed Tony fell to his knees. Rhodey was the first out of the copter and the first to Tony.

"boy am i glad to see you."

"rhodey," tony started to laugh, "rhodey i cant believe it."

"come on tony. theres two people who are going to be really happy to see you," Rhodey helped tony up then got into the helicopter and took off.

--- IN THE AIR ---

"two, who are the two?"

rhodey got a little concerned, "tony before this... whats the last thing you remember?"

"i was, well the only thing that really got me through was pepper. every thought, feeling and dream have been of pepper."

rhodey didn't respond and all went quite.

--- LANDING ON THE BASE ---

"tony before we go out there i need to tell you something."

"What is it? I want to see pepper."

"Your engaged."

Tony's eyes got wide and his voice raised, "what! When did that happen!? to whom?"

The back of the plane opened and Tony passed starve hurried out to pepper. Rhodey walked over to Steve.

"Steve he doesn't remember being engaged to you."

"What does he remember?"

"He's missing the passed two years. Steve I'm sorry."

Steve looked down, "take care of him Rhodey."

Steve started to walk away when Rhodey stopped him, "Steve! I don't understand. why aren't you going to fight for him?"

"Why? what's the point. I walk up to him and tell him I'm his fiancé. What then?" Steve took a deep breath, "I lost him. I don't need him to laugh in my face James."

"Do you have a picture?"

Steve went into his wallet then handed it to Rhodey, "I don't know what your doing. I'll say good luck. I need to go clear my things before tony returns."

"Your welcome to stay at my place Steve."

"James thanks but no. I think I'm going to take that job offer I told you about."

Rhodey placed his hand out, "take care of yourself," take care Steve and keep in touch."

Steve shook Rhodeys hand, "I will and you too."

Steve left to get his things.

--- DAYS LATER ---

"Tony don't walk away from this."

"Like hell."

"Where do you think the ring is from? Steve proposed to you."

"Prove it."

---
AFTER THE FIGHT WITH THE
IRON MONGER
---
AT PRESS CONFERENCE
---

"Its been a long time since i stood up here so i think i'll stick to the cards this time."

Tony started to flip through the cards and came across a picture of him and steve. he stared at the photo of the two then looked out at the room full of reporters, "i'm sorry. i have to go." Tony grabbed the picture and ran out of the room and to his car then took off to his home in Malibu to get a hold of Nick Fury.

"Stark dont you have a press conference or something?"

"where is steve?"

fury stayed quite.

"Nick, please..."

"he's on the Tri-Carrier."

"keep him there."

tony hung up the phone then quickly got into the Mach 3 armor and took off.

--- ON THE TRI-CARRIER ---

tony ran onto the bridge and over to Fury and Steve. When he stopped he placed his hand on his knees and started panting. Fury left.

"Stark what are you doing here?" asked Steve.

tony didnt look up he just handed the picture to Steve, "i..." tony took a deep breath then was interupted.

"where did you get this?"

"i was about to read the cards when i flipped through and found that," tony stood up, "after everything i've done... even when i didnt even remember... why didn't you tell me?"

"why would i stand in the way of your happiness?"

tony didnt say anything.

"so, you left the conference to bring me a picture."

"no, i came to ask you something."

steve cleared his throat, "alright, what is it?"

"Can i... would you give me a second chance to try and make things right?"

steve smiled, "what did you remember?"

"remember?" tony looked away, "you came all the way to Malibu and... well one thing led to another and thats the reason you and i were... im sorry, i mean are a thing."

"tony?"

tony continued to talk. steve smiled then pulled tony into his arm and said, "i missed you," before kissing the brunette.

"so i guess this is a yes to my second chace," tony wrapped his arms around steve's neck.

"yes," steve smiled again.

"then do you mind if we find a place more private?"

"not at all Mr. Stark."

the agents started to clap as the two walked off the bridge.

-|- THE END -|-