Chapter 26

We are finally done with our finals, i can't wait for graduation, the exams were a bit hard but i know i will pass. I will be going to my dad's home for vacation, Shaun said he will join me after a few weeks.
Hey Ella, i am at your house, where are you?
I am coming home just now, Mitch had taken me out, wait for me there, Elena said.
Ohh okay babe, i am with Kathleen take your time, i can wait.
Shan, come and we play, i promise i won't look this time, Kathleen said in between giggles.
Huh why should i trust you, you have been cheating the whole time, okay i will play again only once.
Yes don't worry i will help you if you can't score very well, i am good at this, you ask Ella she always loses, Kathleen said.
Don't believe anything she says Shan, she's really smart she will trick you as she did with me, Elena said while laughing.
Haha really now Kathleen, we will play again next time i need to talk to Ella, where's Mitch?
She's lying, she just hates to lose but i will be soft on you Shan, Kathleen said.
Haha she really found you i am sure she won all the games, Mitch is still on the phone out he will be in soon, Elena said.
Haha true i was new to it, oh okay we can be in the living room while this little gal plays with Mitch.
Alright babe, so how is everything going? You and Luke still talk or, Elena said.
Everything is great, yeah we still talk he's a good friend and fun to talk to.
You love doing that, from the moment we brought up the crazy idea i knew you had already decided in your mind to make him just your friend, Elena implied.
Haha you gals left me no choice so i had to make sure i silence you all, and it is better for him to just be my friend.
I had a feeling your forgetting i am your Bestest, anyway i know one day you will find someone who's your match, Elena said.
Only you could tell Trish and Serena were oblivious to my strategy at least you gals helped me make a new friend, i doubt my match even exists in the universe.
Haha i know but after a while they knew that was your plan all along, trust me he's out there i will remind you when you meet him, Elena said.
Haha if you say so babe, i will remind you too when i don't, look at Mitch's defeated face and Kathleen is having the time of her life.
Haha my poor baby, that young gal has a brain for a mature person it is not easy to compete with her, Elena said.
So true, she's lovable and adorable too he will learn not to play with fire next time haha.
I know she's growing too fast, she is the joy of this house always thinking of new ways to lighten up our lives, Elena said.
I can see that indeed she brightens up wherever she goes, do you think you should go save Mitch? I think he's too kind to let down Kathleen, he's been looking your way for help.
Haha yes let us go see what she's doing to him, i thought he wanted something from me, Elena said in fits of laughter.
There you are babe, please come to my rescue how does this young gal know how to play cards, since i started i haven't won any game, Mitch said.
Haha i am sorry bunny i really can't help you, let us just give you support, we gave up a long time when it comes to that game, Elena said.

*****
After a while, it was time for Kathleen to go to bed she wanted me to go tuck her in so i am now in her room.
Shan, please tell me a bed time story, i don't have sleep yet, Kathleen said.
Huh baby i can only think of one story, okay i will tell you this one. Once upon a time there was a very beautiful princess in a far away kingdom, almost all the men in the town admired her.
Go on i like it already, Kathleen said.
The princess caught the attention of one of the most brave soldiers in the kingdom, he fell in love with her and went out to talk to her. The princess saw the soldier approaching her, she asked him, how can i help you soldier? He told her i have been watching you for days, i couldn't stop thinking about you princess so i came to profess my love to you.
What happened next Shan? Kathleen said.
The princess looked down on the soldier and told him, what could you a normal soldier know about love? What makes you so sure i would feel the same way? The soldier didn't move his eyes from her while she insulted him, then he told her, i will prove to you that i love you i will wait for you for 100 days in front of the palace without moving an inch till the days are over.
What? I like that soldier he was willing to do anything for her, what happened next? Kathleen said.
Haha yes he was, the princess thought he was joking and laughed at him while she walked away. As promised the soldier was there at the gate day and night, every time the princess looked out her window and said to herself he will get tired and go. 10 days passed, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 still the princess wasn't moved. 80 days, on the 99th day he wasn't there at the palace gate.
What? Why? Did he die? Continue please, Kathleen said.
Haha, on the 99th day when the soldier wasn't there, the princess looked out and was very sad, she went out and asked the guards where the soldier went. They told her he had left after leaving her a note, guess what the note said.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫
Hey lovely readers, if you like the story tap the star icon and comment too.
Thank you.
Geraldine💙