Shantelle POV (46)

I woke up energized, with the smell of the aroma of the food coming from downstairs, i took a bathe and went ahead to help around. Elena and her mom had come around to be with us since they were like family, Mitch, my dad and Shaun were taking care of the barbeque while Trisha was with Mason.
Aunt Claire and mom were in the kitchen doing what they are good at, i found Ella with Kathleen in the living room. Kathleen had grown pretty fast, she was now 18 and still smart.
Hey Ella, Kathleen, as you guys are here, is everything done?
Hello Shan, Aunt Caitlyn told us to sit, they had taken care of the rest, Kathleen replied.
Someone is nervous, relax it is just dinner, i am sure they will love Brandon, come here and sit with us, Elena said.
Is it that obvious? Haha, i guess you're right, i am worrying for nothing it will all be great.
Yes it is, i could also tell, i will go outside and be with Mason maybe Trisha can join you both, Kathleen said.
Haha you never change kiddo, that's sweet of you, i guess i need all the support i can get.
So why exactly are you nervous? Elena asked.
Well my dad said he will first have to talk to Brandon and see if he's really nice as i said.
Oh that, you know he will pass that test, he's smart and charming, your dad will surely approve, Elena said.
Approve what? What are we talking about? Trisha interjected.
Well i was asking Ella if my dad will approve of Brandon, i was worried for him.
Hmm, from my opinion they will get along, they are both in the business world and you know Brandon better if he's managed to charm all of us, what more your dad, Trisha pointed out.
You're right Trish, i just got a bad feeling i guess it is nothing, how is the most famous actress doing?
Haha Shan i am doing great though it is tiring sometimes like you have to always be on the go, when i am on set i miss my son but i know i was born to do this, Trisha said.
Nothing is easy though you chose something you have passion for, it is good you have natural talent and Shaun is really supportive and caring, Elena said.
That's true when you do something you love, everything else falls in place, i am so proud of Shaun, he really loves his family.
You can say that again, at first i didn't know how i was going to manage being a wife, mother and an actress but Shaun didn't mind he was always positive it would work out well, Trisha said.
That's so like my bro, always being optimistic, and Mason my nephew is so adorable.
Shan, they are here Brandon and his mom, are you excited? Ella said with happiness.
What? You're sure it is them, let me tell mom, you guys go tell those of Shaun, i am obviously excited.
Okay Shan, relax i will go tell them the most awaited guests have arrived, Trisha said.
Mom, Aunt Claire, they are here, Brandon and his mom.
Oh okay baby, everything is done don't worry, let's go welcome them, Caitlyn said.
You're welcome, please come in, Ella ushered them in as i came with my mom and Aunt Claire.
What's going on here? Alicia Saunders, what the hell are you doing in my house? Caitlyn yelled.
Alicia, is that you? Haven't you done enough damage already? Donovan said in a high pitch.
Mom, Dad, what's going? Do you know Brandon's mom? These are my guests, how come you look shocked to see them here.
Brandon we should go, i don't think we are welcome here, i think it is better we leave, Alicia said.
No mom, tell me do you know this people? And why are they yelling at you? Brandon replied.
You really have the nerve to come to my house after everything you did to me in the past, get out Alicia, Caitlyn said.
Shan i am so sorry about this, i don't even know what's going on, i have to follow my mom i will talk to you later, Brandon sighed.
Mom, Dad, i think i deserve an explanation you don't expect me to just let this go. Why did you yell and chase away Brandon's mom?
She's the woman your dad had an affair with, she was my close friend but she didn't even care about how i would feel, Caitlyn said.
What? We all gasped apart from my dad and Aunt Claire.
No, are you sure it is her? This can't be happening to me, maybe they just have similar names. I didn't want to believe what my mom had just said, my heart felt crushed.
She's the one Shan, after all these years she hasn't changed one bit, you won't see that guy again i don't approve of your relationship, Caitlyn said.
What? Even if she's the one why punish us for his mother's mistake, Brandon is not his mother, and you know how much i love him you're asking for too much mom.
Nothing good comes from that family, you either choose them or me, i won't say this again, it doesn't change the fact that Alicia is his mother you will find someone else i won't accept that guy, Caitlyn said.
You can't make me choose mom, it's been over 13 years since that happened, you know i can't leave Brandon he's the best thing that has happened to me in my life in a long time.
I can and i have so you decide, seeing that woman again has made me to relive the pain and embarrassment she put me through, i see you have made your decision from today i have no daughter, Caitlyn yelled.
Mom, you can't do that to her, it is not as easy as you think it is, yes his mom hurt you but he didn't, give him a chance to prove himself, Shaun implied.
Dad, you're going to just look on as mom does this, fine i will leave don't worry about me.
Caitlyn, you don't have to blame the boy for what me and his mom did, it was a mistake i have regretted and paid for. I lost my whole family, don't do this to your daughter, at least if you can't do it for me, do it for them, Donovan said.
You have no right to interfere in this Donovan, you caused all this, my decision is final if she has chosen that guy then i cut off all ties with her, i want to be left alone, Caitlyn said as she walked away.
Shan, where are you going? You know she's just upset, she didn't mean any of the words she said, please don't go like this while you're crying, Shaun said.
I am going to my place, i know she meant it all you don't have to make excuses for her, i am fine i didn't do anything wrong all i did was to love Brandon.
If you insist on going then i will drive you, Trish stay here with Mason i will be back in one hour, Shaun said.
Okay love, be careful and take care of her, she needs you the most, we will be fine, Trisha said.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

Hey everyone, enjoying the chapter tap the star icon and comment too.
Thank you.
Geraldine💙