Chapter 12 - Little Tiny

When she turns around the five headed serpent is standing behind her. It wasn't full grown but it could still kill her very easily. I would have been more nervous but after getting stabbed and reminded that you can't die, you sort of have different views on very large and poisonous snakes.

I grab Fiora's hand and move her behind me as I stand in front of the serpent.

When I do the serpent stares at me with its many eyes and one of the heads moves closer to my face.

I could smell the venom's scent coming from it. It wasn't very strong since this serpent just ate someone, using up most of its poison. As the head moved closer it's three eyes suddenly closed and it lowered its head.

"Huh?" I let out a sound of surprise as all the other heads lower themselves.

"Des, I think they want you to be its master." Fiora whispers behind me.

"I'm sorry what?" Master?

"It. Wants. You. To. Be. Its. Master." She says again but slower. I'm not dumb, just confused.

Actually, she did say that five headed serpents are smart, but I didn't think it would act like this.

"And how do I become its master?" I ask Fiora, after all, I've never been a master.

"Just place your hand on its head. Then transmit your mana into it. If it accepts you as its master, then it'll be your contracted beast and you will be it's master." Fiora said as she starts moving back.

Thanks for moving away as I place my hand on the head of a dangerous beast! I definitely won't be in trouble.

Either way I may as well. Not like I can die anyway.

I slowly bring my hand outwards and place it on its head.

I hear Fiora let out a long breath like she had been holding it in all this time.

Well, here I go.

Ever since I had started using my magic on my enemies I had grasped the concept of controlling my mana. It's like having an extra, very flexible limb that isn't attached to your body and can turn into other elements.

I close my eyes and start releasing some mana into the serpent. I felt it move slightly as my mana isn't normal, I'm a god of death after all. I don't have normal taming mana.

After a few seconds the serpent starts getting used to the different mana and I hear Fiora yell that it was enough.

When I open my eyes and look down I notice hat the serpent changed from its original look.

It had black scales and black eyes with slight tints of violet all over its body. It grew up to about 15 meters [about 49 ft] but its head was still lowered so i didn't notice that it had changed so much. The talons on its legs had grown and it has theee more heads with two more fangs on every head.

It was like a mutated eight headed serpent. The poison from it seemed more potent and had less of an acidic scent and more of a mystical feeling from it.

"Hey Fiora, im guessing this isn't normal." I say with a faint smile as I look back towards her. She was looking up at the giant beast that stood in front of her in awe.

"T-that..." She said pointing up at it.

"Is... Amazing!" She yelled as she started jumping up and down. Her tail was wagging left and right as she clapped her hands.

What? I stood there looking back at her. I was more surprised by the fact that she was excited that this just happened. Is she really normal?

"Can we keep it? Please!" She said as she was begging me to keep it. Her ears and tails moved down and she looked up at me with what can only be described as puppy eyes.

Oh no. Not the puppy eyes. I-

Can't say no.

"W-well I already became its master, didn't I?" How did she just..? What?

"What are we going to name it?" She asked me happier now that she knows we are going to have a gigantic 'Death Serpent' with us.

"Umm, how about..." As I look up at the large serpent in my view I can only think of one name fitting for it.

"TINY!" I yell loudly towards the sky and point my finger upwards. Making a weird pose.

When I do I feel a surge of power flow into me and a connection links between Tiny and me.

"I cannot believe you named him that." Fiora stares at me disapprovingly, slowly shaking her head.

"How do you know it's a him?" I ask her. "Could be a her." I point out.

"Before he turned into... this, he had a mark below it's neck indicating it was a male."

"Umm, Alright then." It's not my fault the mark is gone. Alright it is but still.

"So, what now?" I ask, although I could put him in my domain I feel like that would be too cruel. After all we just saved him from being captured, I don't want to put him in a confined space.

"Well, you can make him turn smaller right? Since he's a contracted beast he should be able to do that. Just ask him and if he can then he will." She explains. Although that seems too simple I won't complain. Less work for me.

"Hey Tiny." I look upwards but before I ask all of his heads nod.

He started glowing a dark light afterwards. He soon started shrinking and before our eyes lay a small black and violet colored snake. It only had one head and seemed ordinary, except for the venom. By sacrificing his size and strength, he gained more deadly venom. Although it was already powerful, it could probably end ones life with less than a drop in a short amount of time.

"He looks like a normal snake." Fiora says as she lowers to get a better look.

Just as she starts to look at Tiny, he slithers towards me and comes up to my neck. He then wraps around my neck and lays there.

"How cute!" Fiora says as she looks at Tiny's behavior.

"Come on, lets go to your kingdom already." I say gesturing towards our horses.

She starts looking sad since I won't let her play with Tiny, but honestly, even though he's very smart, I really don't want him to play with her. After all, even though I may survive his deadly poison, Fiora can't. I might see if I can make some kind of antidote to make her immune though. That is if we are still together at the time.

I walk towards her and pat her head. "I'll let you play with Tiny another time, is that ok?" I ask, maybe I can cheer her up.

"Ok!" She says as she starts getting excited again. Her black tail starts waving along with her mood. So simple.

Those ears are soft too... I'll miss that softness after we separate...

As we walk towards the horses, I see Tiny close his eyes and fall asleep on my neck.

He is pretty cute.