Chapter 30 - Magic Understanding and The True Identity

That fight was way too weird. I, the god of death, was saving the adventurers from dying, even though the one who would have killed them was one who was blessed by the god of war.

I feel like I am going against my role. However, I won't let Fiora die. I already promised I would help her, and I don't break promises. Also, I need Senns to find Modra. So I had no choice but to save the others as accidents.

After turning my body back into skin rather than scales, I made my way towards them and just before I reached them they jumped down from the seats and ran towards me.

Hey! That's a high jump from there! While ignoring the laws of reality, they run up to me like I had just come back from a deadly war. Friora was taking the lead at full speed while Senns followed behind slowly.

Oh no.

Before I jump out of the way she tackled me to the ground.

"Oof."

"Des, that was awesome! How did you do that!? You look so cool now too!" The first one to praise me was, of course, Fiora. She had a sparkles in her eyes looking up at me. No... too powerful.

"That was interesting... I could have thought of some more... tasty ends, but it'll do." Senns seemed to have gained some interest from my performance. But I could sense some disappointment.

Somehow... I feel like I lost something.

"Oh yeah, that reminds me. How did I change? I saw my hair, scales and wings, but nothing else."

"Well, long story short you're more good looking now. You're not a pale, average guy anymore."

"That's pretty blunt don't you think Senns?" I feel like I lost something again.

"Your eyes changed too, they were both black but now your right eye has a combination of black and red while your left has green and silver."

I was surprised by what Fiora said. Why would my eyes change in that manner? I guess I could understand the black, red, and silver since my hair and scales match those colors now but what about the green?

I mean... not complaining. It sounds awesome.

Senns, who noticed my confusion explained it to me.

"Des, when you imagined the power of the demon lord, you thought of the two elements, fire and lightning. Correct?"

"Yeah, of course. That's what the stories say right?"

"Yes.. Although there are many former demon lords who use those as well, the current demon lord, your father, specializes in those two since they bring forth the most destruction. And as it would seem, red signifies fire, while green signifies lightning."

"Then what do the other colors in my eyes represent?"

"Well, first are the four basic elements. Air, water, earth, and fire. Yellow, Blue, Brown, and Red. Afterwards are the rarer elements. Light, Dark, Lightning, Space, Time, and Illusion. White, Black, Green, Violet, Clear or Transparent, and Orange.

"If that's the case then why do I have silver?" Her explanation doesn't seem to make sense.

"That is because of you being a god. Like I said there are many elements. Silver represents divinity. I could go into detail with all of the types of magic such as metal which can be used by blacksmiths, nature, summoning magic, necromancy is a sub attribute of dark magic. And the like but it would take too long... However, there is one type of magic that I can't forget."

"What is it?" Fiora was hooked in. I have a bad feeling.

"Well, it's not exactly magic, hehe. But down in hades, the people who died are sent there. Most live an undead life happily, but the ones who Modra hates are tortured by us dark angels. Hehe. No matter how much we torture them they can't die. I can rip them open and they'll heal completely. Allowing me to hurt them more and more and more! Hahahahahaha!" We lost her. She starts laughing maniacally while licking her halberd.