Chapter 13 - Tearful Lies

A/N:
Hey reader, Yadry here, and I will be gone for several days so enjoy two extra chapters and schedule should be back to normal afterwards if I'm lucky. That's it, enjoy!

We have been moving south for several days. In the meantime I learned that I can do more than just hide in the shadows. First off, when I turn invisible, I can actually hide my presence, and if I really want, I can pretty much hide my existence. In other words, it's impossible to notice me. That explains why the assassin couldn't tell I was nearby. I pretty much become a ghost.

Second, if I use my magic, I can travel between multiple different shadows, almost like teleportation, but the only problem is that I have to be able to see where I'm going, I can't go across the world.

Although I don't know if anybody else can use magic like this, mainly because I never studied magic, I decided to start experimenting to pass time while Fiora wasn't looking.

I also discovered that now I have a weird urge to kill whenever I haven't taken a life from something for more than a week. I need to be careful with this since I could end up killing random passing people. Not to mention if I'm in a populated area.

This all sucks. Why did she have to make me a god. I have to be more careful now than before to not become the worlds serial killer god.

"Hey Des! Look! It's the gate to enter the Descon Kingdom." Fiora brought me back to the real world after she started being noisy again. I looked at the place she was pointing and saw a large gate. There were many guards there, and it seemed like there was a line to enter.

I could see many different beastkin, some are cats, others are lizards, while some were birds. There were so many I couldn't see all of them.

"Hey come on, lets get in line." She starts speeding up.

"Sure."

When we get in line and are about to reach the guards, Fiora turns to me.

"Des, do you have your identity card ready?" She asks me while tiling her head.

"Umm... I don't have one." Although I do, it would be a bad idea to use it now. I keep it hidden in my realm.

"How did you get in the Vessaga kingdom then? And why did you have so much money without an identity?" And now I'm being interrogated. Think Des think! What should I say?

"I was raised in the wilderness by my mother and we were extremely poor, that's why I don't have an identity card, as for how I got into Vessaga, some slavers had caught me and tried to bring me in. I escaped before having a space collar placed on me and took some of their money. I took some clothes from them and met you." Although I hate lying to her, I had to say something.

"Hmm~ that's a bad lie, but I'll act like I believe you. Also leave the talking to me. Later you have to tell me your story as payment however." She said with a smirk on her face.

She noticed!?! I didn't think my lying was that bad! To get caught so quickly... At this rate, I might end up telling her the truth. I need to come up with a better lie soon.

We approached the guard and I noticed some dog ears on him.

"Halt! State your reason for coming and show your identity cards!" He stopped us and... started smelling me? That is very disturbing young man? Old man? Beastkin ages are weird, they live two times longer than humans so they can be pretty old and still have a young body.

"What is that scent of poison on you? If you are carrying poison of some kind, it will be confiscated and we will be forced to search you." He ordered and held his sword close to me.