Chapter 24 - To Kill a God

"Why is the god of trickery appearing before us mortals?"

Why is he here? Is he with the assassins?!

"Oh come now, I'm here for a simple reason. I heard that the wolf queen was here so I came to see their strength. But oh my! Did I not expect to see a dragon." He looks at me up and down with a smile. Stop it.

"Ohh." After he finished, a disgusted face creeps up on him.

"How sad, to think you were just a half breed. How disappointing... But, why... Why is it that every time I look at you I'm reminded of THAT woman. It makes me want to kill you..."

Are you serious! That's why you want to kill me!?

So now this guy wants to kill me probably because of my mother!? What did I do!? I guess it doesn't matter anymore though.

"I may only be half a dragon, but it doesn't mean I'm weak. I think you're in for a surprise." This is going to be funny.

"Oh please. You're just a lowly half breed. I bet you couldnt even harm me. After all... I'M A GOD!! Do you really think you are even worthy! To stand in my presence! Even that wolf over here stands a better chance!"

I guess Modra was right. Gods really are selfish and have an overly swollen ego. I can feel my urge to kill rise the more this guy talks.

"What? This feeling? It's just like her? Who are you!?" He steps back. Seems like he's finally realized.

"What's wrong Trick?" I step forward. "Tell me. Am I just a bug? I want you to look into my eyes and tell me, tell me just who I remind you of." The more I step forward the more he steps back. I can't wait to see him squirm in agony. I'm gonna cut that damn tongue off his mouth and shove it right down his throat. No more lies from you.

"Stay back! You may be that persons child, but you're still just a half breed! You can't harm me, I'm stronger than you!"

"Oh poor, poor Trisk, I'm not your average half breed. I'm a god... Just.Like.You. Aaaannd I think it's time for me to do my job." I can feel the ring burning. It's sending mana into my body. It's painful but exciting. I can feel it sending information into my head. So many ways to kill him.

I can even see the flow of magic in the world. The mana flowing inside Trisk, in Fiora. Even in me. The magic in the air being absorbed by the grass, and seeping out from the earth.

As Trisk is cornered against a wall I can see him smirk and suddenly I see the mana in him escaping his body and taking form into a duplicate of him while the real one moves away.

I guess I can go along with his little game. But just in case, I'll let Tiny follow the original.

"Oh Trisk, you have nowhere to go. Come here and I can give you a painful death. That way you won't have to experience the torture I have in mind for you."

"No way! I won't fall for that trick. I am no fool... unlike that friend of yours. What was her name again..? Gena."

"..."

"Oh what's wrong? You were so talkative before? Don't tell me that you didn't think I knew about her, I know more about her than you do."

"Ha..."

"What was that?"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Did you really think you could find some ground using her name!? That is so depressing I could cry from your attempt! Clearly that head of yours could learn a thing or two! Didn't I tell you that I was the god of death!? I'll bring her back easily! But not before I plunge you into hell!HAHAHA!"