Chapter 16 - Adventurers

Alright, lets see... my goal is to help Fiora with her problem. What I need to do is to make assassins target us. Which means we need to be out in the open and attract attention to ourselves...

"I've got it!" I say as an idea forms in my head.

I get off my bed and walk over to Fiora. She's sleeping soundly and quietly which almost makes me feel bad about what I'm about to do. I lean in close to her and whisper into her ears.
"Hey Fiora... time to wake up." After I whisper those words I lightly blow into her ear.

"WAAHHHAAA!?" Fiora jumps up and starts looking around with a red face.

I however had already jumped back into my own bed and had started to act like I was still asleep.

"Fiora...you...ok..?" I saw while yawning,

"Something happen?" I sit up and start rubbing my eyes.

"NO! I'm fine nothing happened." She said quickly.

I look to my side and notice Tiny staring at me with cold eyes.

'Mean...' I hear his voice in my head.

'Shhh... it's just a little game... it'll pass by soon' I talk back to him telepathically with a grin on my face. It's a convenient ability since Fiora can't hear me.

And with that operation wake up soft ears is a success.

"Hey Fiora, lets go eat, I'm hungry." I say while heading towards the door.

"Don't forget your cloak!" She reminds me.

"Yeah yeah." I walk back and grab it before heading out. "Hey while we eat I have to talk to you about something."

"Ok."

Once we got our food I face her and tell her my plan.

"Fiora I think I have a way to find assassins quickly, but it might be risky." I say as I grab a plate full of food.

"Really? How risky is it?" She asks.

"Not very, you see we need to stand out. By showing them where we are. If we can lure assassins towards us, even if they're of a low rank, the more we kill, the more dangerous we become to them. Eventually they'll have to send out high ranked assassins to kill us if this F. person really wants you dead and pays more money. Which he will. An underground organization won't ever let a target go. If they do, they'll seem weak and their reputation will take a heavy blow." I pause to eat another plate.

"You see," I continued, "what I'm thinking of right now will gain us money, while at the same time make us well known."

"What is this plan then?" She asks eagerly.

"First of all, I need to know. Have you joined an adventurers guild yet?" The reason I'm asking is because Fiora is good at combat. Unless she was trained by someone, the only way to learn how to fight is to have been experiencing battles firsthand.

"No, I was taught how to fight by my brother. I used what I learned to survive against monsters or people ever since." She said while becoming quieter. Her family was probably killed by the assassins. Although she hasn't told me I can imagine that was the case.

"I see, well I imagine you can guess where I'm going with this, but I think we should register as adventurers, if we become famous then we can lure the assassins out of the shadows while gaining money as the reward for the quests we complete." I explain, as Fiora thinks of what I said, I see her nod a couple times.

"Alright, it might work." She said, her voice was slightly more cheerful now which was a good sign.

"Alright then, it's settled. After I finish eating, well head to the guild." I start eating my food faster now that we have our plan but it might still take some time.