The End Of A Beginning

Hello love's!

Here's the warning I promised! 🚫

For those you wish to not read, look away now!

For those of you still here this will be an emotional chapter. In fact the next few chapters will be an emotional whirlwind. I think this piece will be the most emotional writing I've ever took on. I know many love and want that notebook kinda ending but keep in mind this is a mafia tale. They live a dangerous life and risks are always involved. So before you ask why I did it this way, now you know. Their world isn't perfect and filled with sweet happenings, even though they have their own twisted sense of romance and love.

Rest assured though, I will write a few paragraphs to give closure, and give everyone that bittersweet moment!

Hopefully by the end of this chapter and the few to follow you will see just how deep this family's love runs. Please take the time to watch the video. I adore this song and I think it speaks volumes about this chapter. It may also help you understand the happenings in this chapter.

Now I'll hush up but remember I'm right along with everyone in this chap. It's been fun and much love!

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Everything went absolutely quiet, still. All that could be heard was the rattling droneing of the car's battered motor. Whomever had been behind the wheels of those Hummer's had quickly disappeared. I glanced down at Laney who was out cold from the first impact. A thin trail of blood ran down her cheek from obviously having hit her head. Leaning down, I hit the small chip on her necklace that would alert Demarco and the men.

Clenching my gun, I looked around to see what our attackers next move would be. I don't imagine they'd leave unless they were sure we were dead. Everything was black, no movement nor lights. I had a bad feeling wash over me and knew I had to do something to get us out of this situation. Taking my chances, I placed my car in reverse to try and back out of the tangled heaps of metal surrounding us. My heart skipped a beat when I felt the car inch backwards a few feet but that hope quickly diminished as the car came to a stop. The front fender was tangled with the Hummers grill therefore my car wouldn't budge any further. I didn't want to bring attention to the fact that we were alive but I had to try and break free. Pressing down on the gas pedal, I tried to work loose. This only resulted in spinning tires and smoke. It was fruitless to try and get my car free. As my mind thought of other possibilities I mentally berated myself for coming out unprotected. I was a fool to think this one night out wouldn't cause harm. Besides, most of the men were watching over my children and grandchildren. What if their under attack as well? It could slow Demarco down from reaching us. This didn't look good at all.

As if matters couldn't get worse, the night sky lit up around us. A ring of fire spread about enclosing us in a circle. I knew I needed to get us out of the car and to safety immediately. I didn't want to leave the safety of my bullet proof car but I knew soon that the flames would engulf us. Grabbing an extra gun from my console, I bent to retrieve Laney. Once out I heffted her onto my shoulders. I heard her mummer something incoherent and wished she'd stay unconscious. This would be much easier with her out instead of awake acting impulsive.

Moving my eye's around the firey scene, I looked for a possible opening for an escape. I also kept my eyes peeled for any movement. "London, what's going on?" I heard Laney ask in a dry voice.

I sat her down gently. "Someone attacked us babydoll. Currently we are trapped in this ring of fire that I'm sure was intentionally set. I'm not sure who is responsible for this, how many may be out there or if their even still here but keep by my side and no stupid stunts babydoll". I said handing her a gun.