Vixen In Red

A few day's had went by and The mood nor atmosphere had changed. Mom still had bouts of weeping and Pape begged her to go talk to someone but that only enraged her. Demarco threw himself into his work with the main focus on finding out who was responsible for this. So far not a clue but we are having the bullets analyzed. The one's we killed that night had no form of identification on them so that was a deadend. However their faces are being scanned to see if we find any matching person's. If we do find a match we can possibly identify them and what group they belong to.

We are all still staying under the same roof at my parent's country home. I believe no one can bear to leave knowing that they rest here just several feet away. Papa had someone come immediately and plant grass along with yellow roses over the dirt plot so mom wouldn't have to see it as a ugly reminder. He tried to make it as beautiful as possible even though mom would never see it that way, his heart was in the right place.

Heir and Sire stayed glued to Demarco's side helping in any way they could, as did I. Our thirst for blood was so strong we might as well be vampires. Mizery stayed focused on her training to numb the pain. When she walked in with a black eye and busted lip my pape went ape shit. He insisted she was pushing herself too hard and wanted to know what bastard dared to hit her. Mizery just shrugged him off and replied. "Don't sweat it Pape, the pussy hit like a bitch and he looks way worse" .

Which was probably true. Mizery  is a tough cookie and can take on about any man. Pape still didn't like her answer and tagged along behind her. "No training for at least two week's, understood?"

Mizery answered by rolling her eye's loudly and pulling the knife Pop Pop had given her from her waistband. "If you'll excuse me Pape, I have some throwing to work on".

Sam stayed busy preparing meals and making sure everyone was taken care of. Many time's she tried to get Demarco to slow down and rest but he turned a deaf ear toward her. Then it all exploded around lunch time. Demetrius received the dress that Pop Pop had purchased for her. She walked in hugging the dress to her smiling with tears in her eye's. "It came, just in time too".

Demarco looked up and sneered. "I told you that you can't wear that dress. Besides you're not going now. Our family is in danger and someone has declared war upon us".

" but Pape ". Demetrius wailed. "Pop Pop bought this for me. It was his last gift to me".

" the fuck girl? You talking back to me? You'll do as I say ". Demarco boomed.

" you're not being fair. I wish pop pop was here now cause he would so kick your ass". Demetrius screamed in a girly fit.

Demarco sped up to her and ripped the dress from her hands. "Get the fuck to your room".

Demetrius sobbed as Sam rushed in. "Demarco enough. Give her the dress back. Demetrius will be attending the dance tonight because we all need a bit of normalcy around here. Your father would love to be able to see his granddaughter in the dress he bought for her and damn it she will wear it."

Demetrius gripped the dress tightly and in a pail of sobs raced up the stairs. Sam glared at Dem. "You should be ashamed. I know you're hurting but we all are. Now, I want you to prepare a team of men to escort our daughter to the dance then lay yourself down for a bit".

Sam marched out and Demarco rubbed his weary eye's but did as Sam demanded. It seemed to be chaos everywhere I turned. Stepping out onto the patio I looked out across the land. I saw King sitting by the graves but what surprised me was Zoe sitting with him. That's the last thing we need now. Zoe was a few year's older than him but seemed to have issue's with falling in love quickly. I just hoped King wasn't her new interest. Thankfully my Pop Pop Conner and the rest were returning to their apartment back at the building in a bit. He planned to stay in New York until the killer's were brought to justice.