Fight For Freedom

"Ummmm". I heard myself moan as I snuggled my head down into the plush pillow.

CJ's scent attacked my nostrils and a small smile lit my face. Stretching my leg out, I went to make contact with his warm body but felt nothing but cold sheets. That's when it all rushed back to me.

My eye's flew wide open as the events from earlier raced to the forefront of my now wide awake mind. He had killed Derrick as I watched on in horror with no where to escape from the grisly scene. My eye's squinted shut as I could still hear the sound the ice pick made as it penetrated his skull over and over. The sounds Derrick made as he slowly died will forever haunt me. The way CJ conducted his kill will never leave me. He was so calm and collected as if each cry brought him tremendous joy.

Peeking over my shoulder I saw his side of the bed empty and relaxed just a pinch. Setting up, I scoured the room to only find it empty. It was now day but it was dark and gloomy outside so the windows didn't offer much light. Scooting from the bed I tip toed toward the bedroom door. Looking out, I saw no movement or signs of CJ. I ventured out into the hall and quietly made my way to the front of the apartment. Still no signs of him. Spotting the door to my freedom I made a mad dash for it. After popping the several locks in place I stumbled into the hall but was instantly grabbed up by two suited men... His men.

" sorry miss but we were given strict orders to not allow you out. Kindly step back inside". The younger one said.

"Nooo". I wailed.

With a look of irritation they shoveled me back inside and shut the door. Feeling defeated I crumbled to the floor in tears. As I cried the events of my life played out in my mind's eye. From losing my parent's to my abusive uncle then to Derrick. Nearly all my life I had been someone's punching bag, prisoner, slave but not anymore. I couldn't do it. I'd rather die then live this way a moment longer. My tears of self pity turned into tears of rage. It was time for me to take my life back and fight even if it meant my death.

Standing up on sturdy feet I thought of my plan of action. I was angry, downright livid. I wanted to hurt something the way I'd been hurt. I wanted others to feel my pain and wrath. Needing an outlet immediately I begin to smash his pad. Going to the kitchen I swiped every dish from their cupboards and sent them crashing to the floor in glassy shards. I can't explain the satisfying thrill that overcame me but I couldn't stop there. I didn't want to stop there. I yearned for more destruction. Grabbing up a lamp I marched from room to room bashing every mirror. At this point seven year's of bad luck didn't phase me. My entire life had been based off bad luck, what was several more year's?

Taking the now dismantled remains of the lamp I bashed into his television. Tossing the lamp aside I went back to the kitchen and filled the sink with water. Searching the home for any electrical device I found his laptop, tablet and a extra phone. With a smile I dropped them into the water and squealed in delight as they fried.

Removing a kitchen knife from the block I skipped to the living room where I slit gashes into his leather furniture. By the time I was done stuffing covered the room like a powerdy snow. Next I slashed up his bed. Feathers drifted about as if Angels had been in here fighting. Well technically an Angel was in here, isn't that what he called me... His Angel?

Well this Angel had fallen and CJ was about to experience just how devilish I could be. As I strode back toward the kitchen I knocked pictures from the wall or bumped them from their resting place. I came to one of his grandmother and picked it up prepared to smash it. Her beautiful face seemed to look at me and her crimson smile seemed to hold a satisfied pose. It almost seemed that she was encouraging my behavior or possibly proud of my actions. I gently replaced the photo and moved on.

I recalled his taunts over my choice of hiding places. I needed to show that bastard that I could hide and play his game too. I looked at the empty cupboards and grinned. Hefting myself up onto the counter I crawled into the cabinet and shut the door. Thankfully I was small enough and short enough to fit just right inside. Then I waited.

I didn't have to wait long though. Several minutes later i heard the front door open and him exchange a few word's with his men. I swallowed my fear and remembered I was fighting for my freedom... Or death.

  "Oh my fucking fucks of fucks". I heard him say and I had to stifle a laugh.

I knew he saw the damage his Angel  had caused. He called my name several time's as he searched the house over cussing at every new disaster he saw. I heard the crunching of glass and knew he was now in the kitchen. "You bitch, my fucking laptop. Fucking really?" He bellowed.

I knew he saw his electronics taking a swim and smiled. From the crack in the cabinet door I could see his back was toward me. It's now are never. Slinging the door open I wailed out onto his back. "Marco motherfucker" . I hissed as I landed on his back.

The impact sent him sprawling to the floor with me atop him. I took this time to maybe injure him and get the upper hand. Taking his head I slammed it into the floor many time's while screaming. "Do you like how I redecorated our place baby? Isn't it lovely. It's all the rage in hell".

Spying a shard of glass I whipped it up and slashed out at him. CJ dodged and instead the glass penetrated his shoulder. He didn't even flinch, instead he used his legs and pivoted me from atop him. I slid across the floor and banged into the floor cabinets. With a grunt I rubbed my now sore arm as I realized he was getting to his feet. I knew I needed to push the pain aside and stand if I planned on living. Scrambling to my feet I offered him a sweet smile as he approached me. "But don't you love me CJ? You said you loved me and I love you. Come here and let me show you how much I love you baby". I purred.

I saw the confusion on his face and knew he didn't like my game but still be stepped closer. "Enough Alice. We should talk".

I rang off a crazy little chuckle much like his. Sometimes you had to battle crazy with crazy. "Oh now he wants to talk. How sweet but I'm done talking. I'm not scared of you CJ. In fact I find myself laughing at your sad attempts to scare me. I mean really, using an ice pick to stab my exes brains, how original. Be creative, you know like this".

I pulled his lighter from my pocket and grabbed up a spray can of flammable cleaning product. I struck the lighter and sprayed the product toward him. Flames burst up licking out at his arms as his hands fanned them away and he backed up. As he backed up I continued to step closer continuously spraying and lighting. "You crazy bitch". He lashed out.

Laughing I said. "Baby you're a firework".

As I concentrated on my task his leg swung out and connected with my hand knocking the bottle from my grip. His coat brandished a few burned spots. I knew from the look on my face he was coming for me. My only escape route was down the hall further from the door. Having no choice I darted off. Once in his room I slid into the closet and tried to conceal myself amongst the many suits. My eye's scanned for any possible weapon and that's when I saw it. Over in the corner leaned against the wall was a long, slim object. Upon closer inspection I realized that it was a cow prod. Quietly, I grabbed it up and waited.

The closet door creaked open slowly and he crept in. With a smile he said in his scary, lunatic tone. "The cabinet was a good hiding spot but this, the closet? You can do better than this Angel".

He started shoving the clothes aside. "Marco"

It was only a matter of time before he discovered me so I decided to pounce. Flying from my hiding spot I hissed. "Polo pussy".

Before he could turn for me I jabbed the end of the prod onto his back. His body shook as he made a awkward noise. When I removed it he fell to the floor and I went to leap over him but he snatched my ankle. I placed the tip of the prod to his arm until he let go. I made a dash for the front door but could hear him trailing me. Quickly I turned and stuck the prod to his stomach and held it there for several seconds. Once again I ran for the door. I had nearly made it when I felt his hand upon my shoulder. I waved the prod toward him but he darted out of the way. I went after him but he kept evading me. Eventually he ran toward the door himself and ran out. I stood there stunned. I had done it. I had defeated him and ran him out. I begin to laugh and taunted loudly through the door. "If you dare come back in I'll really whip your ass this time. I went lightly on you this time asshole. Next time this lightening rod is going up your ass".