Let's chat

Hey guy's!

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start! Thanks for those who have nominated my work in the fiction awards 2018!

Now I need to rant...lol!

First let me explain why I rant to you guy's. Well first off no one knows I write. Not my friends or family. I keep this part of my life private. My peaceful sanctuary in this crazy world we share. So that's where you guy's come in!!

I know some of my reader's write stories as well and deal with the same issue's as I do. I also know some of my reader's have given me the inspiration to carry on when I feel like throwing the towel in and I thank you all for the encouragement!

So here's my rant..lol.

I love hearing from my reader's! I love hearing your thoughts, guesses, even anger when such and such does something unbelievably stupid. However I do occasionally get a "reader" that only likes to pick out my flaws, correct every sceniro by realistic standard's. Let me explain myself better..

Okay so we all know that London wore black leather gloves when he went to work. Yes, I know latex gloves would have been a better option because you can burn them and dispose of the evidence. However it just so happens that latex gloves didn't fit London's character in my mind.

When I dreamed up London's character and personality there was just something intoxicating about those black leather gloves. He'd remove them from his pocket and ever so slowly tug them on his hand as the leather made that crinkle sound. When he went for his gloves you knew shit was about to get real and the monster had emerged. I just can't picture latex gloves giving off the same effect..... maybe if London was a hot doctor...hmmmm..lol

What I'm trying to say is that my writing isn't always realistic situations or by the rules of what a real "killer" should or does do. My writing is fantasy, imagination, and giving us character's that we hate to love but just can't help ourselves. If I wanted to write a story using actual facts and truth well I'd write that but for now I'm cool with dreaming it up and not having the hassle of researching every aspect of my book to ensure it's correct methods of using a gun, that the town I'm writing about is in fact civilized, etc... I mean who has time for all of that!

For example, for those of you that have read Blue Oblivion, you know that I write of tribes along Nigeria. In no way, shape or form do I think that Nigeria is a land that is overrun by tribe's. I am fully aware that Nigera is civilized and boasts some very beautiful, thriving cities. But a few did perceive that I thought that way. It just so happens that Blue Oblivion is based on a hot pirate and used tribe's as a place to hideout and trade. So tribe's was a apart of the theme and no offense was intended. However I am a big history lover and I do find tribe's very interesting. Where I'm at we have no tribe's so if you're lucky enough to have such a rich, historical culture embrace it! Sure I could have wrote about a thriving city that you hear about in every other story but I chose to shed light on something that is rarely discussed and one day be no more of because sadly their growing smaller.

Now I hate having to mute anyone but if I have to I will. I know we all have different opinions and that's cool. I'm okay with you commenting your thoughts, ideas, guessss or what you want to happen. Hell you can even tell me my work sucks and I'd still be okay. What I can't tolerate is someone who consistently comments on my flaws, my mistakes, how something isn't based on true facts. They don't vote or ever leave a positive comment. They basically hate the story but read it so they can bash.... I'll never figure that out..lol.

If I'm reading a story and it's not for me I just click off. I don't leave snarky comments. Just because it's not my cup of tea doesn't mean someone else may love it. See... magic.. Just scroll on by!!

Now I'm not pointing any of this toward anyone, I just needed to say it and since you guy's are reader's and writer's I felt as if we could relate. Maybe I should start a new book... Nikki's daily rants...hmmm...lol. jk! There wouldn't be enough time in the world for me to get it all out..lol. Like why would anyone put gravy on their fries?!?!

No, I'm not knocking anyone who loves this but...lol. No I've never tried it so I guess I shouldn't knock it until I rock it! Just pass me the ketchup!!

Okay, I've kept you long enough and sorry it wasn't a update. Just giving you a glimpse into my life! An update will be posted soon! Love ya all❤🍟