Damsel Or Not

"So can you get me what I need?"

Zane shuffled his his hands deep in his pocket and rocked back on his heels. "Girl you know I'm the man to come to for any and all your needs".

As I watched his brows waggle up and down indicating what  he meant by "all your needs" I cringed and thought how pleasurable it would be to break his esophagus but for now I need him. "I'll only be needing the thiopental for now". I said ignoring his slimy come on.

" I can get it for you but it's gonna cost ya. Hell the government can't even get their claws on it anymore as it's rare these day's. It's what they use on prisoner's to put them under duiring lethal injection. It's used as a calming, relaxing agent and eventually lulls them to sleep". He said as he lit another cigarette.

I nodded my head in understanding before asking. "But it won't kill the person right?"

He shook his head. "As long as you don't give an overdose. It will take a few moment's before they fall under. They could sleep for up to twenty-four hours. How big is the dude you plan on sticking?"

I envisioned him in my mind which wasn't hard to do as he stays there. "He's about six-four and a muscular build."

Zane nodded. "I'll give you the correct dosage for four hundred fresh one's. It'll take a week for me to get it so I'll be in touch".

" sounds good". I said and bid him a quick goodbye.

Securing my black hoodie tighter to my head to conceal my face I hurried down the sidewalk of New York's not so nice district. I clutched the illegal gun in my hand that was tucked away in my pocket. I was ready if an attack ocurred. As I passed by homeless people, thugs and no telling what other no gooders my mind replayed the last several month's of my life out.

I arrived in Paris and was escorted to a comfy apartment in a not so bad part of town. Once there Demarcos men went over a list of instructions I was suppose to follow. I was never to tell anyone my true identity or admit that I knew the Harper's. Never was I allowed to contact CJ or the other's and I could never return to New York. Th men stayed with me for a few day's to ensure I transitioned over without any problems. Once they left the reality of my new life hit me. Everything I once was, was no more. Alice was gone and replaced with Nina.

For the first week I didn't leave my apartment. I guess you could say I was in a depression. I lost my lover,my identity and I'm was all alone in a foreign country without a soul to talk to. Of course I was scared.  I knew no one, nothing looked familiar and my heart was broke. Demarco did more than erase my identity, he erased my spirit.

Eventually I was forced to leave my apartment. I was running low on food and needed to restock. As promised, I received the the monthly cash. Since I'd been in Paris I had yet to enjoy the sights or explore the city. After my trip to the market I felt better, refreshed and slowly started to work my way out of the darkness that clouded me. Even though I still ached for my life with CJ I knew I couldn't allow myself to sink anymore. My first step to self recovery was to find a job and thankfully it didn't take long.

Within a week I found a job at a cozy little coffee shop even though I had a fake degree in business thanks to Demarco. However I felt more at ease and more like the girl I left back in New York. Being in the coffee shop was like being back home and in my element.

It wasn't long before my true self started to resurface as I became comfortable in my new life. However I was now filled with anger more than hurt. I was angry at CJ for not hearing me out. I was angry at Sire for causing this ruckus as well as myself for going back to see Sire that last day. I should have known better and some might even say I was asking for trouble and maybe I was. Maybe I was so desperate for CJ's attention and understanding that I intentionally sought Sire out in hope's of making CJ jealous. Who knows? But what I'm angry about the most is Demarco and how he thinks he can command me. Who is he to say I have to go away and never return? Yea, he might be a king in his world but in my world I call the shots.