Allow Me To Introduce Myself

It was nearly one in the morning before we called it quits for the night. After reviewing the surveillance footage from the bakery and several angles from various traffic camera's we were able to gain a few clues.

We confirmed that there was at least seven to attack my Pape. Had my Pape not had made it to his car in time we would be going to identify his body at the coroners. Our men scoured the scene of the incident but nothing was left behind. This time the drove four different vehicle's that all sped off in different directions. None branded a licence plate so that was a dead end as well. However we were able to zoom in and determine their height but the mask hid their identities. Basically we were looking for a needle in a haystack.

After many hour's of grueling over what we had learned and trying to put the pieces together Demarco decided to call it a night. We were all tired and irritable. Most of us stopped by the facility to check on my Pape. He was rushed into surgery immediately upon arriving where they dug a slug from his body. Thankfully no major organs or arteries were hit and he should recover soon. After checking in on him and my mother I made my way to my apartment. All I wanted was to see Alice. I knew just the site of her would calm me. However I knew I had a lot of explaining to do and I prayed for the best because I really needed her right now. I needed to have her hold me tight. I needed to feel loved but most importantly, I needed someone to talk to, to confide in.

Walking into my place the silence struck me like a slap in the face. I told myself that she was probably just asleep but after searching each room I knew she wasn't here. Rushing back out the door I beat a hasty path to my parent's apartment. Maybe she had decided to stay there. I found their place dark and silent as well, still I looked about. I found Mizery on the couch with her knees pulled up to her chest. Her knife balanced on her forearm. "Have you seen Alice?"

" Yea".

I watched her waiting for more information. My patience were already hanging on by a threadbare string and her reluctance to speak only severed that string more. In bitter frustration I held my hands open palms up and said in a irritable tone. "Well Mizery".

Cutting her eye's toward me she said in a neutral voice. "She went home. I ran into her at the Den and it was obvious that she was spooked".

" Wait, what? She was at the Den? " I asked stunned.

"That's what I said CJ".

" and you let her go after she saw only God knows what? Why the hell didn't you stop her? " I grinded out between tight lips.

Mizery pivoted to her knees and glared at me from over the couch. It was clear I had touched a nerve. "Because I'm not the one fucking her. She's not my responsibility" . She hissed.

Running my hand through my hair I spoke mostly to myself. "I've got to go after her".

Mizery snorted. "You're wasting your time. She's not one of us and she'll never be. Alice is too soft for this life and won't survive it. She'll never stay with you or accept what you are. Let her be CJ".

" you don't know that Mizery. I can make her happy. I can make her strong". I snarled.

Mizery chuckled in her wise way. "How CJ? By keeping her captive? She'll only hate you in the end".

I held a hand up indicating for her to stop talking. "It can work". I said before storming out.

The entire ride to Alice's place my thoughts ran rampant. I thought about my Pape nearly losing his life tonight. I thought about my Grandparents unjustly murder as well as their killer's. I thought about Mizery's hateful word's but mostly I thought about Alice leaving me because of who and what I was. Today I just confessed that I loved her. I knew exactly what I was about to do. It worked for my Pop Pop and I believed in time it would work for me.