Well This Is New

Another week passed and I finally felt and looked better. I was still staying with CJ but I didn't know how much longer that would last. I did enjoy my time here but I knew I couldn't keep depending on him. True, I was still worried about Derick catching up to us but I needed to stand in my own two feet. I wanted to try and get my coffee shop job back and return to my apartment. This didn't mean I was leaving CJ behind. I had become a bit too attached to do that but for once I wanted to experience what a normal relationship would be like. I wanted to go out on dates, be romanced, and fall in love. Then once we have dated a while maybe then we could move in together.

Thing is that I don't know exactly where I stand with CJ anymore. He hasn't made any moves on me so I'm beginning to think he's bored of me and thinks I come with too much baggage. I mean who in their right mind would want a girl who's crazy ex is trying to kill them? Maybe he's just letting me stay because he pitys me which thinking that really hurts. Yes, he will cuddle me if I ask and he's been super good to me but I'm getting the friend vibe from him. I'm not exactly a peach myself though. I know I've done thing's to push his buttons like with the entire gun incident but I've never had a guy give into me like he does and it makes me feel special for the first time in my life. If I dared voiced my opinion or needs to Derick I would have gotten beat down. It's so different with CJ and I know it's wrong but I crave his attention and tentative ways and will act out to get it.

It was noon Saturday and we had just finished up lunch when his cousin Heir busted in. "Bro there's a happening party at the club tonight. Everyone is going, even King for a change. You've got to join us".

CJ cut his eye's over at me and said. "Man I can't. Tell everyone hello though" .

"Dude". Heir said. "You can't miss this".

I could sense that CJ wanted to go and I have to admit that I was curious as well. I'd never been to a club before and would love to see what it's all about. Speaking up I said. "Wait. I don't mind going CJ if you really want to go. Besides I've never been clubbing".

Heir shot me a look as if I were from another planet at my confession. CJ gave me a questioning look. "I guess we could go if its okay with you?"

I smiled. "I loved too".

Heir smacked him on the back and grinned. "This should be interesting. No poon for you bro".

What the he'll did he mean by that I wondered as Heir left. I was preparing to ask CJ when he said. "We will need to get you some clothes and items for tonight".

" my money and card is back at my place".

He shrugged. "I got you girl".

Before I could protest he was on the phone. Within the hour his apartment was flooded with rolling carts full of clothes,boxes of undergarments and lingerie, perfumes and just about everything a girl could wish for. There was also a hair stylist as well. CJ grabbed his gym back and walked over. "Pick out whatever you want. There's no limit. I'm going to workout while you play dress up." To my surprise he leaned down and packed my lips.

" Take care of her". He said to the attendants as he left. I turned to view all the gorgeous items and felt all giddy. Never had I been treated so highly.

Even though he told me to get whatever I wanted I was still cautious. It didn't feel right spending his money and this was very expensive stuff. At the end I only kept three outfits, two gowns, a few panty and bra sets, one bottle of perfume and a few pairs of shoes. By the time they finished with me I didn't recognize myself. When it was time to go I walked out to meet CJ. He was busy on the phone but he immediately disconnected when I walked in. I felt a little insecure at having so little on and the way CJ was staring at me made me blush. "You look amazing Alice".

Suddenly bashful I mumbled a thank you. Before more could be said the clan strolled in including Mizery. Instead of sporting a cute little dress she wore ripped jeans and a white tank top. I was surprised to see that she had on a bit of makeup. We all loaded into a SUV and headed off.

Once inside the club it was pretty much as I had pictured. Lights flashing, music pumping and bodies swaying. It wasn't hard to get into a festive mood. I was never one for drinking so I monitored my intake. However I noticed that CJ and the other's were tossing them back. I felt like a stiff an oddball around them but I was new to this scene. Another thing I noticed was all the women that kept approaching CJ. It was obvious he knew some as they greeted him with a hug. We wasn't dating but I couldn't help but feel a sting. He wasn't really hugging them back or engaging in conversation but still it bothered me. Stepping back I took a seat on a plush couch and watched.

After several minutes Mizery joined me on the couch. I inwardly groaned because she scared the shit out of me. She was one strange almost creepy individual. That slick smile of hers spread her face as she watched her brother being charged up by some female. The girl was a blonde and fit to be a porn star. "That's Cloey. I'm sure CJ has had her many time's" .

I didn't want to hear that and my insides clinched as I watched this Cloey run her hand down CJ's arm. Mizery chuckled at this. "So what's the deal with you and my brother"?

" Nothing. Friend's ". I replied tearing my eye's from the scene before me.

Mizery arched her brows. "Hmmmm.... Then why is this bothering you so. They do look cute together don't they?"

Oh my goodness, can't Mizery take her misery elsewhere and let me be. "What's your problem?" I heard myself snap and instantly regretted it.

Mizery snapped her head toward me and narrowed her eye's. "If I saw my man carrying on as such I'd break his face and as for the girl.... I'd make wind chimes from her bones and hang them over my bed".

Jesus Christ I thought. This chic needs help. She rose then and patted my knee. "What I'm saying is don't take my brother's shit. Put him in his place and squash that bitch".

I watched Mi zery disappear into the crowd and smiled very smally. Maybe she wasn't too scary afterall. I downed my drink and quickly ordered another. After three more I couldn't stand the sight of this Cloey chic hanging on CJ. With a sudden burst of courage I bounced over there. "Enough of this bullshit CJ. You can tell your fan club to move along".

He gave me a hard look as his cousins laughed. "Ohhhh shit, she done brought the whip down on your ass bro". Heir laughed.

" Alice you need to tone it down. Cloey is only a friend". He spoke with a hint of a warning.

His cousins all stared awaiting the next move. "A friend that you have fucked?" I tossed out there.

" Ewwwwww.... " all his cousins chrotled and made whipping sounds.

"That's not your business Alice. Go sit back down until you've calmed your shit down". He issued.

" Hell no. You can't tell me what to do. I guess I read to much into us. Please, go ahead and chat this slut up. I'll just be in the club somewhere looking for a decent guy. Have fun you two ". I sneered and turned to go as his cousins egged thing's on.

I saw Mizery as well laughing but looking a bit proud of my tamptrum. I hadn't taken two steps when I felt myself being jerked back. My back was pressed into the wall as CJ entrapped me with his arm's. "Fucking try some shit like that Alice and see where it gets you. Don't fuck with me. If you dare leave from my view or show attention to another I'll tear this place down brick by fucking brick to get to you. Do you want that? "

Who is this person that's screaming at me and has me trapped between his arm's. This wasn't CJ and I was scared. This was more like Derick. My bottom lip quivered and my eye's teared up. Suddenly I felt very small again and like nothing. Looking at the floor I mumbled. "I'm sorry Sir". Just like Derrick had trained me to do.

Mizery ripped his arm's away. "Back the fuck off her now".

CJ glanced down at me and stepped away placing his hands over his face. His cousins led him away in a attempt to cool him down. Mizery looked at me. "Let me get you a water".

As she left I realized I was alone. Now was my chance. I quickly made my way to the exit and left. CJ's actions scared me and reminded me of Derick. There's no way I could get back into that situation. As tears streamed down my face I stepped from my heels and ran toward my apartment. It was the only place I could go.