Queen Recognized

Springing from bed at CJ's announcement I tugged at his arm. "No. That's not a good idea. We should wait it out a find a better solution"

CJ gave me his sexy little grin and pecked his lips to my temple. "Don't worry Angel. I know how to handle my family and trust me, no harm will come to you".

It infuriated me to no end that CJ thought my worry was cute and for naught. I wanted him to take me seriously. Jerking from his embrace I whirled around placing my hands on my hips. "No. We aren't going to do this. You should just call your uncle and explain the situation to him. Try to work it out without a lot of trouble" .

He laughed at my problem solving and informed me. "See you don't understand Angel. I've been missing close to four day's now and even though you disposed me of my trackers I can guarantee that this city is being torn apart searching for me. It's only a matter of time before this door is busted open with my men and trust me, they will be out for blood with guns blazing. You could be hurt or worse before they hear me to order them to stand down. Trust me, it's better if I, we go to them".

Well since he put it like that he did have a point. Reluctantly I agreed. "Fine. But promise me you will remain level headed and not resort to violence?"

CJ let out a groan. "Cole Harper Butino". I chastised.

"I'll try".

I arched my bros and he released a frustrated sigh. "You don't know the family. My uncle will be furious that I defied his orders once again and worse yet... I'm bringing you back. All I can give you is a I'll try" .

Seems I had to settle for that and pray for the best. Before we left he used the hotel phone to contact his mother. He insisted that he was fine and safe and he would be at the Den in twenty minutes, to have everyone ready for a chat.

My insides twisted in knots as we rode in the back of a cab to his building. My mind kept wanting to scream reasons as to why we should just forget this and run away but I knew CJ would never agree to that. I scooted from the cab on knobby knees and looked up at the monstrous building before me. I couldn't help but feel an unease and wonder if I'd walk out those doors alive once all was said and done. Sensing my unease, CJ gave my hand a squeeze and pulled me close. "Don't worry so Angel. I'll protect you with my life. You're my queen and they will know that by the end of this meeting".

Before I could respond he pulled me into the building. As we passed his men they greeted him with respect and bowed their heads to me avoiding eye contact. By now cramps were assaulting my stomach and I willed myself to breath. We came to a stop outside of a huge mahogany door. CJ gave me a wink and entered. His uncle sat behind a large desk with his wife flanked by his side. CJ' parent's sat in front of the desk. It was obvious that my presence was a shocker. However I had a bit of a shock as well. Off in the corner stood Reya and you could practically see venom dripping from her lips as she eyed my hand clasped in CJ's. "Somebody better explain the fucks going on and fast before I lose my shit". Demarco's voice boomed breaking the silence.

CJ's crazy chuckle rattled off as he spat. "No, seems you all need to be explaining to me as to why Alice was sent away against my wishes. Why you all lied to me".

" It was for the best CJ". Miri spoke up first.

"Best for who mother? For you and my fucking control freak uncle? I love this woman and she's not going anywhere" . He stated with anger.

"She's been nothing but trouble since she came here. She nearly ripped the family apart by setting her sights on my son. Open your eye's CJ. She wants your money, power and title. Get rid of her". Demarco growled.

" You have no right to spout off those accusations. None of you know her. Alice will remain by my side". CJ said with conviction.

"What about Reya. She hasn't slept since your disappearance. That girl went out there herself trying to locate you. Reya is your better match. She knows this life. Can you say the same for Alice? She's weak to this life. She's proven it time and again" . His mother insisted.

I felt my temper begin to emerge. It was unsettling hearing them discuss me so blatantly like I wasn't even in the room. As if I was irrelevant and unworthy of CJ. Maybe I was but that was up for CJ to decide. CJ focused on his mother and roared. "How dare you, any of you set here and put her down so harshly. I won't stand for it. As I recall dear uncle my Aunt Sam wasn't born into this life and look at her now. Not to mention that my grandmother wasn't either but went on to be the best queen this family has ever seen. By you downing Alice for being an outsider you are also speaking of your wife and mother. Think about that".

Demarco sprung from behind his desk. "Never speak of my wife or mother in such terms. You can't compare your current flavor to any of our queens. She'll never measure up".

And that's how the fight started. No sooner than the word's left Dem's mouth CJ had slammed his fist into his mouth. Demarco slowly turned his head back to face CJ and make no mistake, I saw the devil in his eye's. Taking the back of his hand, he swiped it across his lips then spit out a stream of blood. CJ's father then stood and nodded his head at Dem. Immediately Dem landed a uppercut to CJ's chin as his father simultaneously swept his legs from underneath him. CJ fell to his back rather hard and I'm certain the wind was knocked from his lungs. Before he could scramble up both men begin kicking and stomping him. I watched on in utter horror and was stunned at how his mother, Sam and Reya remained calm. They watched on approving of this beating.

In the next instant CJ's father jerked him up and slammed him to the wall. "Never raise your hand to a King. Never defy a King".

The men resumed their beating as bruses, welts, knots and blood begin to cover CJ's face and head. If they continued he would surely die. I couldn't just stand by any longer and not defend my man. I didn't care if I died I would stop this beating here and now. Spotting CJ's cow prod tossed in the corner I grasped it. Not taking time to think, I stuck the tip sharply into Demarco's back. Dem went straight as a rod and fell back from CJ. I instantly went for his father next. The tip of the prod stuck to his neck and he crumbled. Immediately I stood in front of CJ and growled. "I swear I will murder the next motherfucker that even attempts to lay their hands on him. Try a bitch".

The women eyed each other and seemed to share a secret smile amongst them while the men fought to regain their composure. Gripping his neck, CJ's father strode toward me but Miri intercepted. "No. It's done. Cole look at me. Focus on me, me only. We don't need to harm anyone else baby. I'm going to take you home and make it all better. Count down with me baby. Ten, nine, eight, seven...."

I watched As his father's entire demeanor seemed to evaporate under Miri's touch and control. It was obvious that he had some deep rooted problems. As I was watching them I felt my arm being jerked. Turning I saw Demarco ready to attack me. Quickly I welded the cow prod toward him. "This time I want back off. I'll fry you, you arrogant asshole".

Sam laughed. "Come Dem. Best leave that one alone for now. Bravo Alice, I've been just where you're at. Nice job. Now take CJ up to his apartment and care for him. You have my word no one will bother either of you".

Helping CJ up I backed out of the room still brandishing the prod as a warning. Once safely in his apartment I ran him a hot bath and tended to his wounds. I didn't know what tomorrow would bring but I'd be ready.

Hope you're enjoying the story!! Thanks for everything! If you haven't already please join me on Instagram!!

Instagram: @nikkihershell