Hiding The Truth

A few day's have passed since Alice was found curled up in front of my building. So far she is healing nicely but refuses to stop harping me about Derick and how I should run and hide for my life. I do wish I could tell her that of all my worries Derick is on the bottom of the list. He's the equivalent of flicking a fly from my shoulder but I know I can't tell her of my secret life. Instead I smile and tell her how cute she is when she worries about me.

I did eventually fill my cousin's in on my situation but on one condition... My parent's or my Uncle Demarco cannot know about Alice staying with me nor the circumstances. Since the murder of my grandparents their guard was up especially with newcomers. There very well could be an enemy walking amongst us.

I don't think my parent's would overreact much but Demarco would definitely be livid and scare the daylights out of Alice. Not only that, it's hard work trying to keep my mafia life hidden from Alice. I have to be ever so careful about what comes out of my mouth duiring phone conversations or when the cousins visit. I've had to take extra precautions with my weapons and hide them more diligently. Before I enter my apartment I remove my gun from my waist band and sneak it in a fake briefcase I carry for only this purpose. It's a constant battle of walking on eggshells. At times I wonder what Alice would think of the real me?

I'm not always this easygoing, friendly guy. More often than not I'm an asshole. I'm possessive, temperamental and my biggest pet peeve is a liar. I never lose an argument and I'm quick to lash out for the smallest thing's. Sure Alice has never seen this side of me, the mafia breed side. I was like any other guy that's trying to get the girl. Charming, sweet, and nice as could be. I'm not saying I did this just to sleep with her, no I want much more from her than that. I'm saying how will she react when she discovers my truth? What will she do when she sees how angry I can get? I know I'd never harm her but I'm sure my temper would scare her. So far I've been great at concealing my emotions from her but it could turn me into a ticking time bomb. So far Alice has never done anything to anger me other than using me for sex but now I understand why she did. The day I rushed into her work she caught a tiny glimpse of the dick I can be. Still I held back not wanting her to see the real me. The me that could tear her in two. I did so because I care for her and I'm trying my best not to scare her off but I know eventually my monster will emerge and I won't be able to control it, then what?

Duiring the day while I'm at the Den I have a man guard my apartment to ensure Alice doesn't wander out. Not that I'm trying to keep her locked up but if she were to happen upon the Den the cat would be out of the bag. Not just the Den though but I'm sure seeing a building heavily populated with mainly men in black suits would be rather odd. I do plan on telling her eventually but hopefully by the time I do she'll be too engrossed with me to care. Yes, that's a dirty trick but it is what it is.

Today at the Den proved to be somewhat of a fruitful day. I now know where Derick lives and work's. True, he is a banker as well as a embezzler, stealing loads of cash from his client's. Not only that he does try to run a small drug ring but hasn't the first clue on how to make it profitable. Yes, he's been involved in some dirty deeds, mostly minor and there's a possibility he has had a few of his clients knocked off for catching on to him. Other than that he's small time, oh and dead. My plan is to wait and see if he has the ball's to actually seek me out. What a joy it will be to end his life knowing that he believed he could actually take me. However if he hasn't found me in a few month's let's just say I will find him. I won't have the worry of Alice being harmed by him lingering. I also discovered that Alice's uncle is alive and well... For now. Obviously Derrick used that as a scare tactic to keep Alice under his thumb. Just like he might have used killing me to force her into submission. Either way he is still dead as well as her uncle. Yep, I will be paying him a visit soon as well.

On another note we still don't know much about my grandparents murderers. We've hunted down ever lead, Had our men scour the street's and keep our ears open. Somebody somewhere will eventually let something slip. The only thing we do know is someone who goes by the street name of Ghost is responsible for constructing this.

Calling it an early day I headed up to my apartment. Everything was quiet as I entered. Usually I could find Alice in the couch watching tv but not today. Tucking my briefcase into a secure location, I made my way to my room. Worry prickled through me at what I saw. Alice was fresh from a shower and wrapped in a towel. She stood before my dresser and in her hand she held one of my guns. She held it between her thumb and pointer finger as if it were a disgusting dirty sock. Not wanting to startle her I gently cleared my throat. In true mother fashion she spun around on her heel holding the incriminating evidence still in her hand. "What is this CJ?" She asked sternly.

Smirking, I replied. "A gun".

Frustrated she said. "I know what it is but why do you have it?"

Walking over I gently removed it from her hand. "I'm a guy. We like guns. Most of us own one or thirty. It's nothing for you to worry about".

With her hands now on her hips she retorted. "Yes it is. I detest guns. I don't won't to see it".

" Then let me put it away".

"I'll still know it's here". Alice huffed.

Blowing out I placed my hand on the back of my neck and squeezed. "Then pretend you never discovered it Alice".

Crossing her arm's she stared me and the gun down. Not giving an inch I stared back. When she realized that I wasn't going to back down she stomped off to the bathroom and shut the door. Smiling over my win I tucked the gun back into the drawer, after all I never lose an argument. One point for me, zero for Alice.

I retreated to the kitchen for a drink then planted my ass on the couch. Tuning into some rerun sitcom I heard Alice walk in. Now she was fully dressed and held a small bag. Instead of stopping in the living room she breezed right by me and headed to the door. "Where are you going?" I asked with concern.

" I will not stay anywhere that welcomes guns. I'm returning to my apartment ". She said with conviction.

Jumping over the back of my couch I walked toward her. "Whoa, hold the fuck up. You can't leave. You're not safe out there with Derrick about".

Jutting her chin up toward me she said smartly. "I'd rather take my chances out there than in here with a gun".

Giving her my hard look I spoke tightly. "Alice go have a seat and calm down" .

"Or what, you going to shoot me?" She spat sarcastically .

My lunatic little laugh slipped out and I mumbled. "You don't know how good that sounds right now".

Alice gave off a shocked gasp and shoved me back. She went to open the door but I forced it shut with one hand. "Open this door instantly CJ". She demanded.

" Alice, your being irrational. It's just a fucking gun not a damn nuclear weapon. Ugh.... Fucking fine, I'll get rid of the gun okay damn it. Will that make you happy? " I snapped.

Alice smiled sweetly and placed a kiss to my cheek. "Thank you CJ." .

She skipped to the living room and sat in my spot as she took over the remote. Evil, evil woman I thought. The game just changed big time. Alice ten, me one.

This was going to be harder than I thought. Biggest thing was that we aren't even dating. We merely just have a good friendship. After she revealed how Derrick treated her I don't want to push her into too much right now, let the girl breath. I sat down by her and immediately she snuggled herself under my arm. "Hold me CJ".

My arm's wrapped around her as her head laid upon my chest. She gave a content little sigh and whispered. "This right here is the best".

How could I not give into a creature so sweet? She's going to hurt me I just know it.