Big Shocker

Two days has  passed since the men I had watching over Alice informed of her new make interest. As soon as I caught a glimpse of the photo I roughly shoved it back into the manila envelope. I didn't want to see who was taking my place in her life. Who was making her smile,making her happy. Who she was lying under giving away what should have been only for me.

Part of me wanted to burn that nagging envelope along with the few memories I made with Alice duiring our short whatever it was relationship. While the other part of me wanted to see who this guy was, find everything out about him and bust up their little romance. But I fought the urge off. Several times I'd walk by that envelope and stare at it but in the end I'd walk away.

Fresh from a shower, I passed my open office door intending to go grab a snack but the envelope caught my eye causing me to stop. There it sat on my desk like a flame. The orangey yellow color shining in contrast amongst the white, black and browns of my desk. Taking a step inside my office I swore it shook at me as if saying "open me. You know you want to. Look inside".

In a moment of weakness I grabbed it up and tire out the contents. Finding the incriminating picture I saw Alice embracing a man. It wasn't a close hug nor passionate but it was a hug none the less. This picture only showed the back of his head but something oddly familiar caught my attention. Flipping to the next photo I stared in utter amazement as my blood made a trail of fire through my veins. It couldn't be? The bastard wouldn't?

I can't begin to describe the feelings that tore through me as I hurriedly slid some clothes on and shoved my gun in my coat pocket. With my hair still wet from my bath I raced out. Death was in the air.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Alice's POV

Skipping into my apartment I couldn't help but smile at the latest outing I had with my newfound friend. He was great, easygoing and very smart. Within the pass three week's we have met up about four time's. Just doing small thing's like grabbing a bite to eat, a stroll in the park or hanging out at my place watching t.v. While chatting.

There's nothing romantic about our relationship, we're strictly friend's. Besides he's not my type. I mean he is very handsome but my thoughts are still with a green eyed asshole and my friend knows it. I met him a few time's while with CJ but he was always so quiet you didn't even realize he was in the room unless spoken to. I was shocked to say the least when he came knocking on my door about a week after the club incident. At first I was hesitant to let him in but after he swore CJ hasn't sent him I was curious. Why would he seek me out? After all we've barely spoke two word's to each other in the past.

Giving in, I let him in. Turns out once he's alone with you he really opens up and can be quite the chatter box. We really hit it off and became instant friend's. We shared common interests such as book's, a love for numbers and jazz. However as I originally suspected he hadn't just came to be my friend, that part just happened. He came to plead CJ"s  case.

He claimed CJ was extremely sorry for his actions and I should give him another chance. "Why should I? If he was really that interested in me he would've ignored the bimbos  and never treated me that way". I argued my case.

" Come on now Al, give him the benefit of the doubt. He's new to relationships. You're the first girl he has ever brought around any of us or kept around for that matter. That says alot. Give him a break".

"Oh poor him, give him a break? What about me? He scared me as well as embarrassed me in front of the entire club. He should sweat a little". I stated defiantly.

He rolled his eye's. "Stop being a petty girl. Why do female's want to see us suffer so?" He asked to no one in particular .

"Suffer?" I scowled.