Chapter 14

Ace's pov:

I ran across the when I heard a disturbance in Piper's room.

I open the door and she growls at me.

"Pips it's just me"

She instantly calls down.

I climb into her bed and hold her close to me.

"What happed Pips" I hated seeing my sister like this, it's my job to protect her.

"I had a dream....everything was in flames, our pack was dying" tears started to fall from her eyes.
"As long as I'm here, I will never let that happen" I reassured her

I pet her hair lightly, ever since we were born we've been close. We use to sneak into each others beds to sleep when we were young. Piper is my bestfriend and the person I trust with my life.

"Am I a good alpha A"
Pips, you're the best alpha I know, I would be nothing without you"

She pushes my arms away and sits up.

"That's a lie, you're so strong and skilled in combat, I'm smaller than an average pack member as a wolf...you're bigger than any wolf I've seen! I shouldn't be an alpha"

I grab her shoulders and make her look at me.

"Piper you are the smartest and kindess alpha I know, you take the time to learn and teach others about the supernatural world, you can silence a room just with a look, you are so powerful and you don't even realise it, your power isn't brute strength but your wisdom and kindness", I look her straight in the eyes before continuing "You are ten times stronger than me, not physically but mentally. You were there for me every night when I wanted to end it all after Mom and Dad died, you lead this pack with so much strength and love, don't ever doubt your strength as a alpha"

Piper pulls me into a tight hug.

"What would I do without you A"
"I can't even fathom the thought of not being your sister Pips"

I brush her hair out of her face.

"Think you can sleep now" I asked
"There is something else about my dream...there was a man, I was saying we needed him, his name was Keenan" she said, glimpsing into my eyes before back down at her hands

Keenan? Where had I heard that name before...

"We have a meeting tomorrow, we need sleep"

It went quiet

"Stay with me, please" she mumbled. The light of the moon showed tears streaming down her cheeks

I nod and pull the blanket over us and lay my head on one of the pillows.

Piper: "Goodnight A"
Ace: "Goodnight Pips"

Soon we drift of to sleep, Dakota was on edge wanting to protect her sister at all cost.

                               ●

The next morning we get up and get ready for our meeting. When meeting with other alphas and leaders you can not be sloppy, business attire is a must.

I go to my room and pick out a black button down and black slacks. Picking a tie has always been difficult for me, I was pacing around my room trying to decide.

Suddenly my door is opened and Maya walks in, how did she get out?

"How? What? Huh?" I questioned
"I'm the daughter of one of the strictest alphas there is and you thought I couldn't pick a lock" she said with a smirk

I stand there, amazed at my mate.

"So you could get out whenever you want? And you haven't tried to escape?"
"Pretty much, as much as I hate to admit it....being near you calms my wolf" she said smiling, our eyes locked

I small smile creeps its way onto my face.
Dakota was howling in happiness in my mind.

"Now let me pick your tie....mate" she purred

That's when dakota leaped in joy, our mate called us mate!

Maya picks out a black tie and I give her a confused look.

"All black looks good with your pale skin, plus it makes you look badass"

She ties the tie around my shirt collar, her figures gently run over the skin on my neck making me shiver.

"How do I look?" I asked, eyeing her
"Fucking hot" she breathes out taking in my appearance.

She gently runs her hand through my messy faux hawk causing me to purr.

Her eyes darken slightly and she glances from my eyes to my lips.

She bites her lip nervously and I let out a low growl before pressing my lips against hers.

She yips before responding to the kiss, her hand travels to my hair and she tugs it lightly making me groan.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door causing us to pull apart.

"As much as I love hearing you going at it, you have a meeting to get too" Alec said with a laugh

I groan in annoyance and look at my beautiful mate.

"Well looks like I have to go love" I told her, giving her a small smile
"Alpha duties call I guess, I'll go back to my room..." she trailed off
"Spend the day with Alec, then I'll come back and we can get to know each other" I said happily

Maya nods and I head to the meeting.