Chapter 22

Aces pov:

I stared in the mirror looking at my mate and I.

My short black hair stood out against her light platinum blonde hair, her light light purple eyes made my dark blue ones look dull in comparison.

Somehow we suited each other looks wise.

"We need to get ready babe" she said, hugging me briefly

I sigh nodding. I grab a black button up shirt and black skinny jeans.

After getting dressed Maya ties a blood red tie around my shirt collar.

My love was wearing black skinny jeans and a red tee and a black leather jacket.

"Now for your hair!!!" She said excitedly

I don't know why but Maya loves to do my hair.

She styles my messy faux hawk to the side making it look badass.

"Fucking hot" she purred
"Me? What about you" I say pulling her flush against my body, I stare into her captivating eyes.

"Since I'm meeting your family, shall I make a good impression?" I ask placing a kiss on her lips, then rest my face in the crook of her neck placing my scent on her.

"We have to go babe"
"Please, just a little longer " I begged, I needed this. I needed her

I breathed in her scent, calming myself.

The truth is I'm nervous for the meeting. Marcus is a evil man and there's no telling what he'll do.

I pull away from Maya, goddess she's so beautiful. I'll protect her with my life.

'I feel...weird' Dakota said in my head
'What?' I questioned her

Suddenly I feel hot...like burning hot.

I excuse myself to the bathroom and look in the mirror.

My eyes were hell fire red, even seemed like there was an actual flame in them.

'What's happening?' I asked her

When she didn't answer I got worried, Dakota always talked to me.

'Dakota???'

The heat was becoming unbearable. It felt like I was going to catch fire.

'Kota please' I begged
'Help...'

Fear washed over me. I closed my eyes and retreated into my mind.

I saw Dakota laying down, whimpering in pain.

'What's happening?' I asked her

Dakota looks up at me. Her eyes were pure fire, not like fire red, no they were fire.

Suddenly her blue fur was blue flames.

What the fuck is going on!!!!

'You're transforming dearest Ace'

I turn to see mother looking at me and Dakota.

'Mother? What do you mean?'
'You've mated with Maya, yes?' She questions, brows raised

I blush and nod slightly.

'Then my dear, you are gaining your powers' Mother smiled, she's the picture of beauty.
'Powers?' I asked
'Yes dear, powers, you can control fire, even make it out of thin air'

I can what now?

Dakota howls making me turn to her. She was slightly bigger than she was and she now had a red moon marking on her shoulder.

'This is cool as fuck!' Dakota said happily

I laugh and shake my head at my silly wolf.

'I would love to teach you about you're powers dear, but you have a meeting to get to'

I open my eyes and I'm still staring into the mirror, my eyes now dark blue again.

"Babes you ready?" I hear Maya call out
"Yea, be right out" I replied. I splash some water on my face and walk out of the bathroom.

Here we go.