5

"Yeah what's up, are you okay?" Daniella says in a caring voice.

  "Some shit happened and I don't know who to talk to about it so... actually I'm sorry, I shouldn't have called," I say almost breaking down again.

  "No it's fine, it's fine!" Daniella says trying to reassure me. "You sound like you need someone right now, you should come over and then we can talk about what happened," she suggests.

  "Okay," I say sniffling.

  "I'll text you my address, see you in a few," she says and hangs up.

  She sends the address and I start getting ready. I put on a loose fitting crop top and a pair of leggings solely wanting to feel comfortable. I search around my room for my keys and come up empty handed. I know they aren't in the kitchen or living room cause they weren't in there when I was in there today. It suddenly hits me that I left my keys in Jahseh's room when I slept in there last night.

"Shit," I whisper to myself.

I hesitantly open my door and knock on Jahseh's. The door opens and I see Jahseh with a stressed look on his face, probably about Geneva.

"Can I get my keys," I say with my voice cracking. I silently curse and pray that my voice crack didn't give away that fact that I was just crying.

He steps aside while looking down allowing me to come into his room. I look around his room and find my keys on his nightstand. Next to my keys I spot a picture of me and Jahseh from last year. Anybody would be dumb if they couldn't tell that I loved him just by looking at that picture. I remember the day that the picture was taken and bite my lip trying to stop myself from letting a tear slip.

I grab my keys and leave his room while keeping my head down as I had a tear fall down my cheek. I hear his door close and I look back only to see him following me. I snap my head back immediately hoping he didn't see the tears streaming down my face.

All of a sudden I feel a hand grab my wrist making me jump.

"What," I ask.

"Why are you crying, is it over Trey, don't waste your te-" he start but I interrupt.

"I'm not crying over Trey now let me go," I snap at him and rip my arm away while still trying to hold my composure. As soon as I turn around I press my lips together in a firm line trying to suppress a sob.

"Whatever," Jahseh says as I start to walk away making me feel a sudden pang of hurt in my heart.

I open the front door but I don't close it in time for the door to block out the sound of the sob coming from my mouth. I cringe as I know he heard it because it was too loud for him not to hear from where he was standing.

I rush to my car and swiftly get in. I speed off to Daniella's house which takes 15 minutes to get to.

I finally arrive and ring her doorbell.

"Hey," Daniella says and brings me into a hug.

"So what happened?" She asks as we sit on her couch.

"Me and Jahseh kissed," I say.

"What?" She almost shouts.

"We kissed and afterwards he asked if it meant nothing to me because it meant nothing to him... I loved him. The only reason I dated Trey was to get over Jahseh but I never loved Trey more than I loved Jahseh," I say breaking down.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry," Daniella says hugging me once again.

"It's fine, I shouldn't have kissed him in the first place," I say.

"Did he kiss you back?" She asked.

"Yeah and when I tried to get up he kissed me again," I say.

"Well then he shouldn't have done that, he should know not to play with someone's feelings like that," She says.

She's right, honestly if he's so quick to mess with my feelings then why were we even friends, real friends don't fuck with each other's feelings like that. I mean he didn't even know that I had feelings for him but if it meant nothing to him then he shouldn't have kissed back or kissed me again.

   "Come on, we're gonna do something to get your mind off of this," Daniella says interrupting my thought.

   She grabs my hand and pulls me off of the couch and pulls me into her kitchen.

   "What are we doing?" I ask her.

  "A bitch is hungry so we finna eat," she answers while pulling food out of her fridge.

  She turns around and faces me with ice cream and chocolate syrup in her hands and a goofy grin on her face.

  I look past her and see that she has five more kinds of ice cream in her freezer.

  "Damn bitch, how the fuck do you stay so skinny?" I almost yell.

  "Metabolism," She says while piling scoop after scoop of ice cream in her bowl.

  "Damn, you must have the metabolism of an 11 year old boy," I say astonished.

  She giggles and pulls out another bowl from her cabinets and hands it to me. I put in a scoop of ice cream and sit down on the couch next to her.

  "To boys being dicks with no feelings," Daniella says while holding up her spoon making me giggle.

  I raise my spoon for a toast.

   "To boys being dicks," I repeat to her with a smile on my face.