9

Me and Jahseh drive back to his house and I finally break the silence.

"What am I going to do?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Where am I gonna go and with who, I don't have any family that I know of that could take me and since I'm not 18 yet I can't live by myself," I say.

"I forgot about that part," he says pulling into the driveway. It was empty meaning Cleo left.

We get out of the car and walk inside and I go straight to my room and drop the tapes on the bed. I check the time and see it's 2:00 A.M. I put in a tape and start watching it. It was of me and another girl playing outside when I was about six, my mom was playing along with us too. Halfway through the tape I get a phone call.

  "Hey, can you come over, I'm scared," Daniella says.

  "Why?" I asked concerned.

  "I don't know, I'm just feeling really paranoid right now. Please just come," she says.

  "Ok I'm on my way," I say.

Wait, I'm a little drunk... god damnit.

   I go into Jahseh's room to ask him to drive me but I see that he's already knocked out. I smile at how cute he looks in his sleep and close the door quietly.

  I grab my keys and get into my car and make the drive to Daniella's house. I pull into her driveway and knock on the door which was opened almost immediately.

  "Hey," She says.

  "Hey, you good?" I ask.

  "Not really, I feel really fucking paranoid," she says shaking.

   "Oh my god you're shaking, did anything happen?" I ask concerned.

  "I think somebody's been watching my house," she says and breaks down crying.

  "Oh my god," I say covering my mouth.

  I sit her down on the couch and hug her.

  "Why do you thing somebody's been watching you?" I ask.

"Everyday I see a car across the street and there is always someone in the car but whenever I walk out side and look at them they pretend that they were just leaving and drive off. Also at almost the same time every night I get a knock at my door but tonight they started banging on it as if they wanted to kill me. I've called the police before and they didn't do anything," she says.

  "Did you call the police today?" I asked worried and I look around.

  "No they didn't do anything when my car got bashed so why would they do shit now?" She asks sounding helpless.

  "Come on," I say getting up.

  I walk into her kitchen and grab a knife and turn on my phone flashlight. She follows behind me as I make sure all of her doors and windows are locked.

  "Ok everything is locked," I say still looking around now paranoid.

  "Should we call someone?" She asks.

  "Ski," I say.

  She nods and pulls out her phone.

  "He won't answer," she says after calling for the second time.

  "Ummm... I'll call Jahseh but he's asleep so I don't know," I say.

  I dial his number but he doesn't pick up. I look at Daniella and shake my head.