10

I've been sitting on the hospital bed for about half an hour waiting for a doctor to bring me my release forms when suddenly it hits me to check my phone.

I see I have 5 missed calls and 43 texts from "Jah🖤🤓" and 2 texts from "Cleo."

I immediately call Jah back.

"What the fuck Rose?" He almost yells as soon as he picks up.

"Something happened I'm at the hospital," I respond.

"I'll be there in 5," he says.

"But you live 30 minutes away from the hospital," I say confused.

"I drove around looking for you cause you didn't pick up my fucking calls so I'm close to the hospital you head ass," he says. "See you in a minute," he says and then hangs up.

"Ms. Velasquez," a doctor says walking in.

  "Yes?" I ask waiting for him to continue.

  "It seems as if you are good to go, we just need a parent or legal guardian to sign you out and you can be on your way," he says.

  "Can't I just sign?" I ask.

  "No, I'm afraid not," he says.

  "Why?" I ask.

  "Since you are under the age of eighteen you need an adult to sign for you since you aren't a legal adult," he states.

  "What if I don't have a parent or legal guardian?" I worry.

  "You will have to be signed over to a girl's home," He responds.

  "What if I can find someone to take care of me?" I ask.

  "You still would have to be temporarily put in the girl's home because they would have to go through a legal process in order to gain legal custody of you," he explains.

  Before I can ask another question Jahseh bursts in the room.

  "The hell happened to your neck? Are you okay? What happened? Who the fuck did this?" He frantically asks while moving my head into a position where he could get a better look at the cut.

  "I'm fine, I just got into a bit of a bad situation," I explain.

  "A bit of a bad situation? Rose it looks someone tried to slit your throat!" He yells.

  "I'll tell you later, but right now I need to worry about what I'm gonna do about going to a girl's home," I say.

  "What?" He asks.

I look towards the doctor as if to ask him to explain and he gets the hint after a couple seconds.

  "Oh, um since Ms. Velasquez is only 17 and has no guardian to take care of her she needs to go to a girl's home until she finds someone to take care of her or until she turns the age of 18," he explains again.

"She only has a week until she turns 18, can't she just stay with me?" He asks.

"I don't think that would be legal but it's for such a short time, I guess it couldn't hurt. But even though that is sorted we still need her to get the paper signed by a legal guardian," the doctor says.

"Um... wait call could Jahseh just sign?" I ask.

"Uh, sure, it's not legal but sure makes my life easier," The doctor says.

Jahseh motions for him to give him the paper and quickly signs.

"Okay you are all set so just hand this to one of the ladies at check out and you'll be good to go," the doctor says.

I nod and start walking out of the room with Jahseh trailing behind. We turn in the paperwork at the front desk and finally leave.

"Okay so what the fuck happened?" He asks when we start driving.

"Daniella called me and asked if I could come over because she was scared. I got there and she told me that someone had been watching her and fucking with her but it was worse tonight because he was pounding on her door. Well he started pounding on the door even more when I got there and we hid and he broke in. We hid in a cabinet but she cried so loud that he heard and found us. I had a knife and stabbed him but he pinned me down and started acting crazy as fuck and he ran the knife over my neck after I spit on him," I say.

"Wait so this bitch knew something was going to happen, made you come over anyway even though she knew there was a crazy ass person outside and put you in harms way for no fucking reason. Why the fuck didn't she call the police or at least a dude? You're a 130 pound 5'2 girl, how the fuck is she gonna ask you to come over knowing damn well you were smaller than she is and that you would be just as helpless as her. She risked your life for no fucking reason!" He yells.

"Jahseh she was scared she probably wasn't thinking right," I say trying to reason with him.

"Nah fuck that she put you in harms way for no fucking reason even though she was the one the guy was after. Also you didn't mention her getting hurt, so she left without a fucking scratch while you almost got your THROAT SLIT? That wasn't your fucking battle in the first place and you almost DIED because of her stupid and selfish ass!" He yells getting angrier by the second. He breathes at a fast pace obviously furious about this.

"It's fine I'm he-"

"Well it doesn't fucking matter cause you coulda fucking died because of her being selfish as fuck. I don't want to lose you and if I lost you I don't know what the fuck I would've done. She was being selfish and she should've gotten some damn brain cells and done something smarter than calling you like...I don't know, CALLING THE POLICE," he says still somehow getting angrier.

"You didn't lose me so it's fine, She was just scared so don't blame her," I say.

"Sorry I'm not gonna blame her, I'm gonna blame her bitch ass parents too because they probably didn't take her stupid ass to school judging by what she did," he says.

"Jahseh!" I scold.

"Don't defend that bitch, she almost got you killed. Did she even meet you at the hospital or text you," He asks.

"No..." I say.

"Exactly, so fuck her, you ain't allowed to talk to her anymore," he says.

"What the hell, since when can you tell me what the fuck to do?" I ask.

"Since your friend choice almost got you killed," he says silencing me.

"Fine, but just letting you know she talks to Ski too," I say.

"Imma tell him about her too," he says.