11

I cringe as I see someone posted about my birthday on their story. I barely even tell people my birthday unless the person is a doctor and my real friends know not to say shit about my birthday or post about it. It's just not a big deal to me and I'd rather people not talk to much about it.

  I put down my phone and walk into the kitchen and start making my breakfast.

   "Happy birthday," Jahseh says as he hugs me from behind.

  "Thank you," I say turning around and wrapping my arms around him.

  "What are you gonna do for your birthday?" He asks.

  "Nothing, like always," I say.

  "But you're 18 now," he says.

  "And? I'm still me, doesn't change anything," I say shrugging.

  "We're gonna do something for your birthday, I don't care if you want to or not," he says shrugging.

"I hate you," I playfully say.

"Nah, I'm pretty sure you love me," He says.

"So what are you gonna make me do today," I ask fake glaring.

  "Um... I don't know, maybe just invite a few people over to celebrate," He responds.

  "Like who, I basically have no friends," I respond laughing.

  "Well you have...you're right you are lonely," he teases.

  "Jah!" I say and playfully slap his chest.

  "I'm just playing, you have Stass, August, Bryant, and Kiara, and a bunch of other people who's names I've forgot," he says laughing.

  "Fine, but only a few people," I say giving in.

  "Okay imma go tell some people about the party," he says while walking away.

  "NOT A PARTY, TOO MANY PEOPLE," I yell after him.

  I look at my ringing phone and see the name "August🤪💍" on the screen.

  "Hey hoe," I say.

  "Happy birthday babe!" She yells through the phone.

  "Awe thanks but now my birthday wish has to be for my hearing back because of how loud you just fucking yelled," I say laughing.

  "Sorry, I'm just excited that you're finally eight- fucking- teen!" She says squealing.

  "Are you tryna talk to me or the dolphins right now cause only one of us can hear you and I'll give you a hint, it's not me," I say and giggle a tiny bit.

  "Hey now that you're old enough we need to get the tattoo we were talking about," she says.

  "Hell yea," I say.

  "Now that you've agreed you gotta come now cause I kinda already got us an appointment to get the tattoo," she says.

  "Wow, what would you do if I said no?" I ask.

  "Bother you until you say yes," she says like a question.

  I giggle and tell her I'll see her in a few and hang up the phone.

  "Jah I'm leaving!" I yell.

  "Where?" He asks.

  "To get a tattoo," I say nonchalantly.

  All of a sudden he comes running out of his room.

  "What?" He asks.

  "I'm going to get a tattoo with August," I say.