6

"Your phone is ringing," I yell to Daniella because she's upstairs.

  "Who is it?" She yells.

  "Um," I pause to look at the name,"Stokeley."

  "Answer it," She yells.

  "Hello Mrs. Edwards' phone, she can not come to the phone at the second but she will be down shortly," I say in an assistant voice while trying not to laugh.

  "Um, who's this?" I hear a familiar voice ask. I put him on speaker before realizing who it was.

"Wait, Ski is that you. YOUR NAME IS STOKELEY," I ask before uncontrollably laughing.

"Shut up, your mean as fuck vro," Ski says sounding embarrassed.

"Sorry...STOKELEY," I say and start laughing again.

"Shut up man," he says.

"Rose are you bullying Ski?" I hear Daniella yell while walking downstairs.

"Maybe, maybe not," I say giggling.

"Yes the fuck she was! She mean as hell," He says.

"Oh shut up you little baby," I laugh.

"Imma take the phone before you can cause any more emotional damage to Ski," Daniella says giggling and then takes the phone.

She walks away and then I get a phone call of my own. I look at the caller I.D and see the name "Jah🖤🤓" on the screen. What does he want? Probably called me on accident.

"Hello?" I ask after hesitantly picking up.

"Can you come back?" Jahseh asks.

"Why?" I ask obviously annoyed.

"Cause when my mom comes back to get Aiden she's gonna ask where you are and imma get in trouble for letting you go out when your mom said you're not supposed to go no where," he says.

"You're a grown ass man, how the fuck are you gonna get in trouble by your mom who doesn't even live with you?" I ask with a lot of attitude.

"Cause your mom and my mom talk so my mom knows that you're not supposed to go out and if she sees that you're out then she's gonna get mad that I went against what your mom asked," he says.

"Fine," I say rolling my eyes even though he can't see my doing so.

I walk into the kitchen where Daniella stands talking to Ski.

"Hey I gotta head out, Jahseh is making me come home," I say.

"You're grown, how you gonna let him tell you what to do," she asks.

"He's telling me to come home so both his ass and my ass won't get beat, my mama said I'm not supposed to go anywhere for the week cause she's on a business trip and he's the one that let me leave so that's why his ass would get beat," I explain.

"Oh, well I'll see you later," she says while side hugging me.

"Bye," I shout while walking out of the front door.

I drive the short drive and arrive at the house that my ass wasn't supposed to leave.

I walk in the front door and see Aiden playing video games on the couch.

"Where's your brother?" I ask knowing that he usually plays with his brother.

"In his room, he hasn't left there since when you left," Aiden says while playing like his life depended on it.

I go into my room and flop down on the bed and scroll through Instagram like the lonely person I am. After 10 minutes of scrolling I hear my door open. I turn to see Jahseh who takes a seat on the chair across from the bed. He leans over and closes the door making me furrow my eyebrows out of confusion.

"Okay so what the fuck happened today?" He asks me.

I roll my eyes and get up to walk out of the room. Before I can get to the door Jah gets up and pushes me back down on the bed with one hand while locking the door with the other. He sits back in the chair and looks me in my eyes.

"Tell me why you were crying," He says.

"Because I have emotions," I say and shrug my shoulders.

"Rose," he growls.

"I can't tell you okay, that's personal, and I'd rather you didn't know," I say mumbling the last part.

"Can you at least give me a hint," he asks while looking down at the ground.

"It happened after Geneva left," I say.

"Are you seriously mad that I kissed you. That can't be the reason you were fucking crying, nobody cries over a fucking k-"

"I cried because I liked it!" I yell interrupting him.

He just sits with wide eyes.

"I cried because i liked it okay. I tried for so long to just push my feelings for you to the side but then you just fuck it up by kissing me back and then kissing me again! I tried for so long to get over you but when I finally thought I did you fucked it up! Believe it or fucking not I was in love with you but I knew you would never love me! When you asked me if it meant nothing to me too you fucking shattered my heart because then everything I thought was confirmed, it was confirmed that you would NEVER love me back!" I yell with tears now pouring out of my eyes. "Now since I've already made a fucking fool of myself I'm leaving," I say and start gathering my shit.

  As I'm gathering my stuff I feel myself being turned around. I look up and see Jahseh.

  "Wha-" I start to talk but before I can finish he pulls me into a kiss. I pull back after a couple seconds of subconsciously kissing back.

  "What the hell?" I ask.

  "The only reason I asked if that meant nothing to you is because I thought that you wouldn't feel the same as I did, Rose I love you too," Jahseh confesses.

  I immediately connect our lips together again after hearing his confession. We pull apart and he smiles down at me making me return a smile to him.

  "Will you be my girlfriend?" Jahseh asks.

  "Will you buy me food?" I question back.

  "Do I really have to buy your love with food?" He asks laughing.

  "Food is the way to a woman's heart," I say. "But yes I'll be your girlfriend," I say.