12

"I didn't think that would hurt so much," August says.

"It didn't, you're just a baby," I tease.

I got an 8 on the left side of my wrist because the eighth month of the year is August and August is Augustina's nick name. August got a rose on her wrist because my name is Rose.

"I'm not a baby, I just have... baby-ish tendencies," she says making both of us laugh. "So what are you gonna wear to your party tonight?" She asks.

"I don't know, probably just an old dress," I say shrugging.

"Hell no. It's your birthday, you can't just wear an old dress. We're going shopping," she says.

"Ha ew, no," I say.

"Too bad, I made up my mind," she says.

We go to the mall and I eventually pick out a short maroon bodycon dress. August drops me off back home at about six which gives me a couple hours to get ready.

"Jah I'm home!" I yell.

"What's in the bag?" He asks.

"A dress August made me get for tonight," I say.

"You tryna model it for me," He says smirking while putting his hands on my waist.

"No thanks, but you'll see me in it during the party," I say smirking and push his hands off my waist.

I walk into my room and start getting ready. I reluctantly put on makeup because I hate the feeling of it but August made me learn how to do it. It takes me at least an hour to get everything the way I want it and I then slip on my dress and my heels. I spray a setting spray on my makeup and spray on some perfume before walking out of my room.

I walk into the living room and see Jahseh talking to Ski.

"Hello Stokeley," I say teasing Ski.

He turns towards me about to say something but stops leaving his mouth open.

"Hey," He says after clearing his throat.

Before I can say something else the door bell rings.

"STASS," I scream when I open the door.

  "OH MY GOD YOUR OLD AS FUCK," she says.

  "Awe thanks," I say glaring at her.

  "Man nobody fucking loves me,"  Bryant says as we don't acknowledge him.

  "You're right, bye," I say pretending to shut the door in his face. I open the door back up to see him pouting.

  "Come here child," I say and let him in.

  "Even though you none of y'all love me, I love you and happy birthday," Bryant says.

   "Awe you're right I don't love you but come here," I say laughing and I hug him.

   "Man get off me," Bryant says pretending to cry.

Jahseh comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist.

I continue my conversation with Bryant and Stass and Jahseh puts his head in the crook of my neck.

"That dress makes me wanna fuck you 10 times as much as before," he whispers unexpectedly in my ear sending chills down my spine.

"August says she's here," Stass says interrupting my shocked state.

  "Tell her the doors unlocked," I say being to lazy to open the door.