7

"Why is Trey calling your phone?" Jahseh asks as he walks in my room.

  I face him and realize that he has my ringing phone in my hands.

  "I don't know, answer it and see what he wants," I say.

  He flops onto the bed and answers my phone.

  He sits there for a minute listening to Trey before getting a furious look on his face.

  "WHO THE FUCK YOU THINK YOU TALKING TO SON? DON'T CALL HER PHONE AGAIN ACTING LIKE SHE WANNA FUCK YOU LIKE ONE OF YOUR LITTLE HOES, YOU GOT A HAND USE IT. AND NEXT TIME YOU TRY AND TALK TO HER YOU BETTER BE READY TO GET YOUR ASS BEAT!" He yells.

   I started dying laughing when he said "you got a hand, use it."

  He throws my phone on my bed and I put my hand on his shoulder trying to calm him down as he breathes heavily out of anger.

  "It's fine," I tell him.

  "No it's not, he tryna call you after y'all just broke up so he can fuck you. You're not a little hoe who's just gonna be up for that shit so I'm not gonna let him talk to you like that, plus I'm your boyfriend and I ain't gonna ever let anyone talk to you like that," he rants.

  He picks up my phone and enters my code as I watch over his shoulder. He goes to Trey's contact and blocks his number. He then throws my phone on the other side of the bed and wraps his arm around my waist.

  "Any guy talks to you like that or touches you at all and I'm gonna beat their ass," he says in my ear.

  "They won't," I assure him.

  "Yes they will, have you seen yourself?" He asks smirking while looking me up and down making me blush.

My phone starts to ring again making Jahseh pick up my phone to see who it is.

"You blocked him already dumbass," I say laughing.

"Shhh," he says playfully glaring at me.

I pick up the phone and am met by my mom's voice.

"I'm about to board my plane I'll see you in a few hours," she says.

"Okay, I love you," I tell her.

"I love you too," she repeats.

I hang up the phone and turn to Jahseh.

"My mom is boarding her plane and is supposed to be here in a few hours," I tell him.

"I didn't even realize you were supposed to go home today," he admits.

"Me either," I laugh.

  "Hey guess what," Jah says.

  "What?" I ask giggling.

  "I'm not gonna let you leave," he says now hovering over me placing small kisses all over my face.

  "Stop," I say giggling.

   "Nope," he chuckles and kisses my face again.

  I grab his face and connect his lips with mine.

  "Ha," I say smirking.

  He smiles a small smile and rolls his eyes while laying back on the bed.

  "Shut up and go to sleep," he says.

  "But I have to get my stuff together to go home," I whine.

   "Too bad," he says and wraps his arms around my waist holding me from behind. He puts his head in the crook of my neck making me smile.

  "Fine, but just for a little bit," I give in.

   I close my eyes and fall asleep quickly.

  "Jahseh wake up," someone says waking me up along with Jahseh.

  "What Mom?" Jah asks.

  I open my eyes to see Jah's mom with an anxious and sad look on her face.

"Turn on the news," she says with her voice shaking.

  She sits down next to me while Jah switches the channel.

  "At 6:42 P.M flight 394 went down in Gainesville, Florida. No survivors have been recovered and there is not yet a found cause of the crash. Our prayers go out to the families of the passengers of flight 394. We will keep you updated on any new information coming in," the lady on the news says.

  My mouth hangs open. It feels as if my soul leaves my body and I'm just empty.

  "I'm so sorry," Cleo says holding me and crying.

   I feel a tear roll down my cheek which triggers a river of tears to come flooding out.

  "She can't be dead," I sob.

  "I'm sorry," Cleo says again.

  I let out uncontrollable sobs barely being able to breathe.

  Jahseh pulls my head into his chest and holds me tightly.

  "She can't be dead!" I yell.

  I rock back and forth while hugging my knees. I hyperventilate until I eventually get lightheaded.

  "Okay you have to breathe. In and out," Jahseh says trying to help me control my breathing but before I can try to take control of my breathing everything gets darker and darker until eventually everything goes black.