Chapter 3 Murder

I stood outside the valmount hotel staring at it. I had a few ideas already on how to get in and get out as fast as possible. Luckily for me Mrs Costlow wasn't very cautious or so I was told.

"If you want I can do the hard part" Tom said.

I glared at him. "I don't need a partner so stay out of my way got it" I hissed.

He nodded and handed me my cartridges, I slipped them into pistol and shoved the gun into my bag. I tied my long black hair into a ponytail then suddenly stopped, I stroked a piece of my black hair and blinked away my tears.

'Just get it over with' I thought.

I pulled on some glasses and a simple jumper. I slung my backpack onto my back.

"Stay out here" I ordered.

Tom smirked and shook his head. "Sorry I have orders to watch you"

I stalked up to him and slapped him hard. "I don't need a babysitter you can keep watch but don't come near me" I threatened.

I plastered on a worried expression and walked into the hotel and Tom dazed by my slap followed a few paces behind. Good he better feel afraid I've been through to much crap to give a damn anymore! I made sure to keep my back to the security cameras so they couldn't identify me then I started to pretend to look in my pockets and search my bag walking up to the font desk an anxious look on my face.

"Hello may I help you sweetie" The lady said concerned.

Her polite tone made me want to vomit but I stuck to my plan.

"Please...I lost my key" I whispered. I looked down at the counter and bit my lip nervously.

"Are you staying here at the hotel?" She asked.

God can't people take a hint!

I made tears fall from my eyes by thinking of sad memories. "I lost my key...and...an...and my moms in there and I lost the key coming back fro...from the shops... I"

"Oh don't worry it happens all the time what's your room number" she smiled.

"My number was on the card" I said with embarrassment.

"Oh, well that's the name of your mother sweetie"

"Karen Costlow" I said quietly.

She typed in the name and gave me a key. " 2nd floor room 301, don't loose it this time" she winked at me.

"I won't" I smiled gratefully.

We found the elevator, I quickly got dressed into their staff costume. We took the elevator to the second floor. I grabbed a pile of folded linen from one of guests open rooms. I found Mrs Costlow's room and knocked on the door.

"Who is it" a voice shouted. She was having a shower.

I cleared my throat. "I have linen for your bedding mam" I used my best London accent making my tone a little softer to sound more professional.

"Oh just come in" she shouted.

"I'll be out in ten minutes."

I unlocked the door and stepped inside and dumped the linen on her overly extravagant bed. The whole room was painted in dark reds and rich golds. This woman was certainly hard to please and most certainly got her money from dealing and other illegal business.

"She just allowed us in" Tom whispered.

I groaned god he was stupid! Every staff member has a key to clean the rooms. Instead of snapping I ordered him to hide nearby and not get in the way. I slipped on my black mask to cover my face and grabbed a pillow from the bed and my pistol from my bag. I stood in a ready position next to the bathroom door. A few minutes later the water stopped running. I took a deep breath and charged into the bathroom before she could even scream I knocked her head against the sink cracking it. I layed her limp body on the floor, I checked her pulse to see if she was dead, not yet. I put the thick pillow onto her head and pressed my gun against it. My finger froze on the trigger. What I was about to commit was murder! My profession was to stop murderers not be one.

"Think about it this way, she was a bad person stealing other peoples money" Tom said standing beside me.

I gripped the gun with both hands to steady my shaking.

"It helps to close your eyes"

I closed my eyes and forcefully pulled the trigger the second I pulled it I heard her moan then silence.

"She woke up" I whispered.

"Come on we have to get the money and get out of here, Mr Yan is our next target he's currently in a meeting but we can wait until his next appointment is over and kill him quickly"

The thoughts of Mrs Costlow's pale limp body filled my mind, I stood up shakily and splashed water in my eyes. I scrubbed my face to get rid of her blood. Though I knew her blood would be forever on my hands.

Tom searched the room for the case and I sat down on one of the expensive sofas trying not to think of guns and blood.

"I got it" Tom whispered holding up the case. I opened it making sure it was the right one. We left in the elevator I changed into spare clothes and let my hair down. I pulled up the hood on my jacket when the door opened on the ground floor. We kept our faces from the cameras and waited for our ride to arrive.