Chapter 22 Bedtime story

Katie's P.O.V

I hid behind a pair of large alley bins, clutching my knees to my chest, freezing cold and soaked to the bone from the rain. My shoes hung limp from my fingers and I rocked myself slowly trying to picture happier times but all I could see what a the body of my life less mother and all k heard was the echoing sound of a gunshot and someone singing my name. After my mother was shot I ran and never stopped until I was far from that alley. Footsteps approached and I stiffened. I clutched a hand to my mouth to cover my breathing. The foot steps stopped a foot away from my hiding place.

"Katie?"

I swallowed thickly and tried not to move. Suddenly a hand clamped down on my shoulder and I screamed-

I jolted awake my screams died down and I looked around the room wildly. I was still in the hospital bed suddenly warm arms wrapped around my waist and a cold voice whispered calmly in my ear making me relax almost instantly. I buried my head into his chest trying to clear it from the image.

"Are you alright" sherlock asked worriedly.

"Yeah" I breathed.

"Alright" he whispered he let he go and I fell back onto the cushions. Then I looked at him.

"What book are you reading" I asked.

"Goodnight Mister Tom I just finished I would you like to read it"

He handed me the book but I handed it back to him. "Will you read it to me please" I begged.

He glanced around making sure know one was awake then began reading from the book.

"Yes said Tom bluntly, on opening the front door..." (I dont own this line Michelle magorian does also the dots mean he's continuing reading)

Half the way into the book I started to feel my eyes droop and I yawned. Sherlock noticing this closed the book and tucked it in beside himself. I closed my eyes and I felt his soft lips press against my forehead making me smile.

"Good night Katie" he said softly.

"Good...night" I yawned finally starting to drift off to sleep.

I know its short but I wanted to update this 'cause I thought it was cute!!!!