Chapter 16 Unsettling Confrontation

Katie's P.O.V

We got back to the apartment and my stomach tightened. Sherlock hadn't spoken another word the rest of the journey. I opened the door and was surprised to see John there sitting in his usual chair.

"John?"

Hr glanced up at me and smiled. "I haven't seen you in a while so I thought I'd pay you a visit how are you"

I scowled. "In trouble" I muttered.

Sherlock said nothing he sat in his chair and steepled his fingertips in thought.

"Oh" he said surprised and my tone.

I sighed, "Sorry john its just you caught us at the wrong time"

"Do you won't me too-"

"No" Sherlock said immediately. "I was just about to speak to Katie" he said seriously glancing at me. I looked away from him and stared at the floor.

" Katie what have you done?" John asked gently.

"Shes been cutting herself again, so I sent her to Mycrofts I wasn't going to deal with it" he said coldly.

I looked up and John who looked like he was about bring the house down.

"Why would you do that to yourself" he hissed.

I shook my head and sat down across the way from them. How was I supposed to answer that!

"I don't want to talk about it" I muttered.

"Katie look at me" John shouted at me for the first time making me jump. I glared at him defiantly.

" I said I don't want to talk about John" I said angerily.

"For god same Katie I'm sick of this" he shouted back at he and stood up. "All I have tried to do is help you, I practically helped raise you. So you can excuse me if I'm concerned about you. Your like a daughter to me Katie don't you understand that there are people that love you. Did you ever think for one moment about them and how much it hurts them to see you go through that much pain. Or more importantly sherlock, he's your father Katie. Everything he has done. Everything he is doing is to protect you because he cares Katie and for once I wish you would see that"

After his rant I was speechless I had no idea I hurt him this much! "John I-"

"Don't Katie just don't you have Sherlocks observation skills look at him, go one tell me what you see" he demanded.

I looked over at Sherlock he refused to look at me his hands gripped the side of his chair, his postion was rigid as if he was having an internal battle with himself. I swallowed the lump in my throat. Then I looked at john with remorseful eyes.

"What do you want me to say" I muttered.

"I can't believe this. You know what Katie if you don't want me to bother trying to look out for you then just say it OK because I'm not going sit here and listen to the crap you say to me"

Then he got up and left leaving me sitting there again speechless. I knew that I was hurting Sherlock when I cut that's why I'm trying to stop! But I had no idea I hurt John and it wasn't a nice feeling.

"What have I done" I muttered more to myself but sherlock heard me.

"You could start by apologizing to him he has been nothing but kind to you and you completely ignore him" Sherlock said coldly.

Great no Sherlocks pissed of at me as well!

"Katlyn...why?" Sherlock asked suddenly. I looked at him and smiled sadly.

"I think I'm broken sherlock" I whispered. "And I don't know how to fix myself"

My tears started to spill on my cheeks and I let them I was beyond caring.

"I need help" I cried. "Please Sherlock help me I'be messed up and I'd don't no what to do" I begged him looking into his ice blue eyes they glistened when he looked at me.

"Oh Katie" he muttered softly. He held out his arms. "Come here"

Like a child in search of soothing. I hugged him tightly and buried myself in his chest not caring how stupid I looked. He stroked my hair as I cried like he used to when I was younger and it only made me cry harder. He soothed me until I calmed down and I clung onto him like a toddler.

"I'm so sorry" I whispered into his shirt.

"Shh, its alright things will get better just be patient"

OK sucky chapter I know but y'all are asking me how John feels about the way Katie treats him so I put it in this chapter. I WONT LIE!!!!!! I TOTALLY CRIED WRITING THIS!!!! Y'all better be happy!!!!!!