Chapter 12 Understanding.

Hey y'all I won't be doing the behind the scenes series until I get MORE QUESTIONS SO KEEP SENDING THEM AS RANDOM AS YOU WANT THEM TO BE. But I didn't forget my promise :)

Love y'all Katie fans ;)

Katie's P.O.V

Luna left early the next morning to study for her exams. I went on Facebook and texted Tom to see if he wanted to meet up. I tided up the mess we made last night and got dressed quickly then went to the kitchen to get breakfast. Surprisingly Mycroft was sitting there reading the morning newspaper and drinking tea like he normally does in his office.

'So why is he sitting there now?' I wondered.

I poured myself a bowl of musli, even though there was practically every range of ceral you could think of in the cupboards! I wanted to be healthy after my pig out last night. Mycroft folded his newspaper and smiled at me.

"Good morning Katie"

OK he wants something!

"Morning" I said unsurely. I sat down across the way from him at the ridiculously large table.

"How was your sleepover...fun I hope" he said brightly.

I nearly choked on my cereal. Whoever this person was, they are no my uncle.

"Good...are you an alien" I asked out of the blue.

Mycroft nearly dropped his cup at such a question.

"How an earth am I supposed to answer that its absurd" he said outraged.

Nope, he's not been taken over by aliens he's the same old Mycroft.

I shrugged. "Your being nice that's unusual for you" I said hiding my grin.

He looked at me strangely the weirdly held a hand to my forehead.

"My dear nice are you feeling alright" he questioned sarcastically.

I smiled. "Now that you mention I am feeling a little delusional because your never nice to me unless you want something"

He frowned and slid the newspaper and a letter over to me. I knew he wanted something!

" I was simply preparing you for the news"

I looked at him confused, then looked at the newspaper. My heart skipped a beat. James's trile was in a week!

"I'm afraid you have to be a witness Katie" he said, but there was some gentleness in his tone and it reminded me of how sherlock used to talk to me when I was upset. I shoved the thought from my mind I had more important matters right now. I opened the letter and scanned through it he was right I was requested by the courts to be a witness against James.

"If you don't want to go we already have enough evidence to lock him away for a very long time your witness statement means he has no parole which means no chance of having his trile revised" Mycroft stated.

I shook my head and said nothing then tore up the letter.

"this is going to sound crazy but I dont want to be at his trile, despite everything he has done to me I can't help but feel a little pity for him because he is my brother" I said then stopped I can't believe I actually said that!

"Don't be, he deserves everything he gets and worse" Mycroft said darkly.

I stared at him surprised. He coughed slightly embarrassed.

"Don't you have a friend to see?" He stated.

Shoot! I forgot I was meeting Tom. I chucked my dish in the sink and it landed with a crash. I winced and smiled sheepishly at my uncle, who was frowning at me.