Chapter 5 Get away

Sherlocks P.O. V

I managed to decode the message quickly with little information 'the docks'

"John contact Lestrade he need's to do a search of the cities harbour and dock area and quickly, I found her location" I ordered.

I hailed a cab and told the cabbie to step on it paying him double the fare if he got me there in under ten minutes. I estimated that by the time I would decode the message which took me twenty minutes I would only have ten minutes left to find Katie's location and herself, James is smart so he's probably organizing his next move. I jumped out of the cab and threw a bunch of notes at the cabbie. I ran the rest of the way to the docks my adrenaline and my concern kept me going. I saw Lestrade standing by the peer.

"Alright Sherlock what all this I've gathered my best investigators will you tell me what the bloody hell is going on"

"No time explain" I snapped. "Quickly do any of these buildings have a basement maybe a storage room"

"Yeah three wearhouse-"

"No" I shouted. "Any housing areas very private in a secluded area"

I paced back and forth thinking. "Housing, housing, housing" I muttered.

I stopped and smacked my head of course there an old cottage near here very private and abandoned.

"I've got it, this way john" I shouted.

I led the team of people to the cottage and kicked down the door. I shoved through the crowed and started the search.

"Sherlock" john shouted. I went back into the living room. John was holding and unconscious girl around Katie's age.

"Where's Katie" I shouted.

John and Lestrade looked at me helplessly.

"I'm sorry-" The aloud of a revving engine cut them off. I ran outside and saw a black vehicle drive off. John placed a hand on my shoulder tears in his eyes. I shrugged him off and stalked away from the scene gathering. I followed the tracks the vehicle left behind leading me to the middle of nowhere, The car was parked and empty. I cursed and kicked the wheel. I searched the vehicle for any evidence. I found a sticky note hidden behind empty shopping bags. What was written on it nearly made me break in Katie cursive penmanship the words HELP ME DAD screamed out at me. I leaned against the truck and shoved the note in my pocket. The air was slightly tinged with her fragrance another message confirming I failed her.

Katie's P.O.V

James came back into my room once he calmed down enough to speak to me.

"Get up get your belongings, were leaving in five minutes make a fuss and I will shoot you in the shoulder" he ordered.

I complied willingly not bothering to notice his threat a shot in the shoulder is like a scratch compared to what torture I've just been through and when we get to a new location I'm going to get it worse I just know it. I gathered whatever belongings I had. I grabbed a pack of sticky notes and pen. I quickly wrote a message to Sherlock. James barged back in and I shoved the,pen, paper and note into my bag.

"Hurry up the police will be here in another five minutes" he hissed.

He pressed a gun to my back and I followed his orders. We got to the fire escape and Maria stood there looking frightened. I motioned  for her to run and she did. Then I heard a sickening crack ad I swallowed the lump in my throat. One of James loonies held up his blood spattered gun to face and wiping her blood on my check. My worry quickly turned to anger and I cursed.

"Go the hell you sick bas-"

James whacked me with the handle of his gun, my vision went all blurry. He shoved me forward and I walked obediently my mind in a daze from the shock of the blow. James and his cronie hauled me into the back of their truck. They drove off and I stuck the sticky note behind some empty plastic bags. We came to a stop in the middle of nowhere. I was dragged out of the truck and into another vehicle someone had spotted the trucks licence so we had to change transport. I recognised the driver immediately Tom. He smiled at me softly. What? When he saw the slash on my cheek his eyes widened with worry. He wasn't like the others he was more caring. I scoffed to myself caring was going to get him killed.

"Tom its your job to keep this brat in line that means dolling out punishment starting with tonight your her torturer" James said.

"Yes sir"

I looked away from Tom, Nope he's exactly like the others.