Chapter 18 Shopping and a Shooting

Pay attention in this chapter its important and focus on the question Who not Why ;)

Katie's P.O.V

I grabbed my coat and kissed sherlock on the cheek. He grabbed onto my arm before I could leave.

"And just where do you think your going?" He asked eyebrows raised.

I rolled my eyes at his protectiveness. "I'm going to john and Marys to apologize"

He let go of my arm. "Alright but be back here by seven I'm taking you out since our last outing was...interrupted"

"Okie dokie" I said happily.

"Good God Katlyn do speak properly" Sherlock said horrified.

I laughed and hugged him quickly. "Arighty I'll be home by seven"

"Good girl" he muttered into my hair.

I tried to leave but Sherlock held me tightly absentmindedly stroking my hair.

"Um...sherlock could you" I stopped when I felt him tremble. My hair felt damp. Was he...crying?

"Sherlock?"

I looked into his ice blue eyes moist with fresh tears.

"What's wrong" I asked concerned.

He shook his head and smiled sadly. "God you grow more beautiful everyday"

I blushed at the compliment and hugged him hard. "I love you so much" I whispered.

" I love you more" he whispered back.

He stepped away from me and held my hands looking me in the eyes.

"Your so much like your mother you have her determination and courage"

I felt a year trickle down my cheek and he wiped it away.

"You don't know how much that means to me thank you" I said, more tears trailed down my cheeks.

"Your growing up. My little girl is becoming a young adult and soon your not going to need me to protect you"

I smiled and squeezed his hand gently. "No" I shook my head. "Your wrong"

He looked at me confused.

"I'm always going to need you" I said smiling.

He smiled back and wiped my tears of my cheeks. He tools a breath to calm himself and ruffled my Curls.

"Go on we can't stand here all day sobbing like melancholy idiots" he grinned.

I chuckled and hugged him again.

"Katie?"

"Yes Sherlock?"

"Please be careful"

"Of course" I smiled.

I followed the famliar route to the Watson's I've only ever been there a few times for Christmas. Normally John and Mary would come to my place f Christmas and new years or my grandparents place. I walked down the last street and stopped outside there door.

'Come on Katie its just a door raise on hand and knock that's all you have to do' I reassured myslef.

I raised my hand and knocked on the door. I heard the familiar friendly bustle inside the house and the comfortable chatter between John and Mary making me tense. What if John didn't forgive me? I'd look like a complete idiot! I decided this wasn't such a good idea and started to leave when the door opened. I froze, crap what do I do?