Shouldn't Have Come

Nia paced the floor outside of the Ark

Nia paced the floor outside of the Ark. It had been early this morning when she had heard that Pike had won the election against Kane. She immediately ran to holding but the cell was empty. When she had tried to exit the gates, the guards stopped her and wouldn't allow her to pass. Now she wait anxiously for something to happen.

The girls and Alec watched as she went back and forth in front of them. Hearing the news and the way she was acting told them that something wasn't right. But when they asked, she had hardly said two words to them. This subject them to just observing her movements.

Their attention was drawn to the gates when they heard everyone approach it. The group began to walk forward but halted when they saw what was coming through the gates.

The group that entered were exhausted and covered in blood. The sight of them was sickening to Nia that is until she saw Bellamy.

Her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach as she tried to gain control of her senses. He had done it. He had murdered 300 of her people. She couldn't bear to look at him but she couldn't take her eyes away.

She wanted him to see her. Wanted him to see the pain in her eyes. The hurt that he had caused her.

It was like he hear her somehow. When Octavia talked to him, he glanced up and into her eyes. They burned through him the more he stared and it wasn't till a small movement made him look away.

Jade looked down as she hid by Nia's side. She looked so innocent like a child comforted by their mother's presence. A tear escaped her eyes as she glanced at all the things around her. But still he couldn't look away at what he had done.

When Bellamy's eyes shifted from her she followed his gaze. She had forgotten about those with her until she saw them. Jade huddled close to her while Fox stared in disbelief. They didn't need to see this. Didn't need to know what was going on.

"Fox, take Jade to the room and do not leave. Wait for me and Alec, do you understand?" She ordered the girl to do. Fox nodded her head before turning and taking Jade with her.

With them gone, Alec and Nia began to walk forward and stop beside Kane and Abby. All looked to Pike as he stood on a crate overlooking everyone.

"Everybody, listen up. 24 hours ago, you elected me your chancellor. Every action I've taken since, and every action I will take, will be to achieve one sacred goal. The creation of a self-sustaining, prosperous and safe Arkadia. This morning, on a muddy field our people paid tribute to those who have been taken from us by sending a message to the Grounders. This land is ours now." Nia and Alec shared a look. The feeling of dread creeping over them as people cheered. "Resist and you will be met by force. Fight and you will be greeted by death." Nia's hand slipped into Alec as she tried to bring some comfort. "Today is a new beginning. Mark it down, remember it. Just like the Grounders will remember it."