Vulnerable Side

(Please read author's note at the end if confused

(Please read author's note at the end if confused.)

The signs of Praimfaya were visible now as more people have come inland to get away from the sea. The dark clouds loomed overhead as people watched them anxiously. Waiting was the worst part. Waiting for death was what they were all doing. Despite them not having a solution to the upcoming threat, no Trikru deserted their general in holding the tower.

When Azgeda had returned Echo expected no fight against them as she went toward the tower only for arrows to come flying at them. With parts of Polis being occupied with other clans they had managed to take the temple for themselves.

Thunder rolled overhead as all eyes shifted toward it. It was only a minute until a drop fell down and hit Nia on her cheek. The sting burned her hand quickly wiping it away.

"Black rain." She spoke out attracting those closest to her. "Black rain!" She yelled out alerting others.

Hurrying away from their posts, everyone was seeking shelter. Most were able to make it under cover before the rain began to fall. Nia glanced around her making sure that all people were safe and secure. A scream rang out in the air gaining attention.

A man fell to the ground as he tried to find cover but the rain was pouring down on him. Nia looked at him before looking to the sky. She couldn't leave him there to suffer. She pulled her hood up on her cloak before sending a look to Tate and hurrying out.

"No! Nia!" People called behind her as she ran toward him. The rain burned the skin on her arm as soon as it made contact.

She knelt beside him pulling him up and throwing an arm around her neck. She grinded her teeth together the pain beginning to get to her. She pulled him along as she hurried back to their shelter. Once she was closer, she shoved him forward before following behind. Others took him away while Fox and Jade began to look over Nia. Small spots began to form on Nia's arm as it was the only thing fully exposed.

Jade poured water on it causing Nia to make a sound at the sudden sensation. Despite her being expose to the rain longer than most her marking were not as bad as many. This bewildered Tate as he looked over her shoulder and glance at a girl not far from her. The girl's skin looked like boils after not being in the rain for long. Nia's were little dots littering up and down her arm.

Once her skin began to settle, Nia made her way to the man she had saved and began to pour water on his skin. The action caused him to cry out as it stung nonetheless. From the amount of exposure there was not much Nia could do. Jade and Lynn began to assist him as he began to moan at the pain.

Nia looked over others before making her way to a back room with Tate following behind. "Our hold on the tower is secure. No one would be out in the rain like that." She spoke out thinking he was worried about the postion they held out there.