Why Am I Not Shocked?

The hours seem to dwindle as the conclave continued

The hours seem to dwindle as the conclave continued. Most of the flames have gone out throughout the day. Nia hadn't left the room again since returning as she waited on any news of Octavia.

A scout covered Azgeda's candle announcing Roan's death. The hint of smirk came across her lips as she was greatful that they wouldn't get the bunker. But Octavia and Luna were the only ones left and she could only hope that Octavia could outsmart her.

Suddenly the doors opened up and Octavia strode in with her head held high. Blood on her face and the necklaces handing from her hand. She stopped in front of Gaia and toss them at her feet. Gaia gathered them up and counted them quickly to confirm.

"Octavia kom Skaikru is victorious. The crypt of the first commander belongs to her people." Gaia announced to the room.

It was quiet for a moment before Octavia spoke. "No."

Everyone was anxious to hear what she might have to say next. Maybe their would all perish in Praimfaya. Octavia stepped up and looked out to everyone.

"I wasn't fighting for Skaikru today. I thought I was fighting for myself, but I now know that's not true, either. I was fighting for us all. Skaikru will not take the bunker alone. We will share it equally because we are equal. We are one clan, and we will survive Praimfaya together. Together." She spoke like a true leader.

Nia spoke the word like everyone else before her and Indra made their way to the girl. Octavia stepped toward them before her knees gave out and she collapsed in Indra's arms.

"Lincoln would be so proud of you." Nia told her while they looked at one another. She remembered her brother's word vividly. His wish for peace and for them to all be together. She was glad that Octavia was honoring that memory.

"There won't be enough room for all out people." Kane stated in a hushed tone when he made his way to the group. He had been in awe of Octavia's announcement but that meant condemning their own.

"It's unity day, Kane." Octavia said not bothered by the statement. She would be able to save her family. But when she looked around them she noticed a person missing among them. "Where's my brother?"

This made everyone glance around but none could spot Bellamy anywhere. Nia's eyes settled on Lynn who had just entered the room very timidly. 

"Lynn, why are you here? Where's Jade?" She asked aware of the eyes on her from the group.

"That's what I came to tell you. Jade followed after Bellamy. She said she'd be back but she hasn't." Lynn informed nervous about what would happen next.

Nia glanced at the group behind her with concern, two people were missing. Nia had an odd feeling and remembered the feeling countless times before.

"I have a feeling I know where they are and this wouldn't end well." Nia spoke to them but her eyes trained on Kane.

They realized her meaning and were quick to leave the room. They needed answers and they needed them now. They entered the temple and noticed the priests bodies on the ground and the door closed.