Making A Decision

"Two meals a day for people working as hard as ours, we won't make any friends

"Two meals a day for people working as hard as ours, we won't make any friends." Bellamy commented as he and Clarke made their way into the storage room.

Since learning about their solution to Praimfaya, everything they have done was to prepare them for a future. But it seemed like every chance was working against them.

"Well, of it's one thing our people understand, it's rationing. Besides, once we close those doors, it'll be one meal a day for the next 5 years." Clarke offered a silver lining but it was shot down by Raven.

"Try one meal every other day. Hunting parties are coming back with less and less." For the first time since landing they were on the brink of starvation. Nia and Alex had always been able to help provide food for them all but now they were left to their own devices. "Thanks to your friend Niylah, we're preserving more meat than ever, but it's still not enough. Without a way to make water, growing our own protein like we did on the Ark is not an option. Remember that when we're starving." She said pointedly to Bellamy.

"I won't be starving because I won't be inside." Bellamy responded back. It was true he had thought long and hard about this decision and felt the only option for him was to be on the outside. They had been preparing for the survival of their own people with no regard about the hundreds of others that would be left to die. People like Nia and the girls. It would be a long shot for them to even be considered among their people and if they stayed outside, he would too.

"Yes, you will." Clarke stated as she was the one who would be listing people when it came down to it. She wasn't going to let him die in the brutal way when she had a say in it.

"Does that mean you made the list?" Raven asked she thought the blonde had prolonged for too long.

"No. What about drinking water?" Clarke asked hoping for another topic they might face.

"Clarke, don't change the subject. We need to know who's gonna be on the inside of these doors when the radiation comes." Raven retorted. They needed to know that they wouldn't face much problem with those not chosen and to make sure that they had a future with the ones that are.

"We don't need to know now." Clarke responded back not wanting to discuss one of the difficult topics she faced. Luckily for her their attention was called elsewhere as the probabilities of what they faced worsened.

Back in the capital, things were brewing against them as well. Skaikru's responsibility was to keep Roan from being overthrown, but that was proven difficult as allies were working against them.

During the night, a shadow had crept behind enemy lines and had stolen the one thing that kept the clans from attacking Azgeda. After returning to Polis, Nia's priority was to help Gaia in retrieving the Flame and the two had kept it a secret, until Tate had followed Nia without her knowledge. So under the hood of night, the trio had worked into getting in and out without being spotted and once their had their mission was complete to separate so not to get caught. Not to mention the switching of the Flame among them to keep it safe.