A New General

Nia stood off to the side as Lexa address the room

Nia stood off to the side as Lexa address the room. To her left stood the young nightbloods in training. Nia's focus settled on Aden who she knew Lexa had favored in ascending after her. Fox and Jade sat interested in what was currently going on around them, they had not once seen ascension day in the capital.

"We gather here on this ascension day to honor the commanders that came before me, those who live within me as I will live on within one of you." Lexa announced to the room.

Nia never liked the talk of Lexa's ascension. The thought of her losing her sister before they had yet to live their lives was unspeakable to her.

Before they could go on their attention was pulled to the doors where commotion could be heard. A minute later a group entered though and stood before the commander.

"The Flamekeeper promised we would be heard!" The person in front said drawing Lexa attention to Titus.

"Titus, what is this?" She asked needing an explanation to what was happening.

"Something you need to hear, Heda." Titus whispered to Lexa.

Nia was invested into the group but shifted slightly forward when she noticed the person they had brought forward. With her bring in Polis she had no knowledge of what Octavia was doing or even keeping in contact with those in Arkadia. So seeing the girl now made her wonder what had happened.

"Octavia." Clarke commented once she had noticed the younger girl bounded.

"Forgive me for intruding on this holy day, Commander. I am Sement of Trikru and I come seeking justice." The person in front began to speak.

"Explain yourself. Why do you hold Octavia of Skaikru prisoner?" Lexa questioned trying to figure out what was going on.

"She is a prisoner of war, Commander-brought here to bear witness to the crimes of her people." He explained to the room but still not saying what actually happened.

"What crimes? What happened?" Clarke asked wanting further details.

"Skaikru attacked their village. Because their warriors were lost when your people massacred the army we had sent to protect you, their village was defenseless." Titus was the one to provide the information that he was told.

"Please, Commander. I beg you. Avenge us." Sement pleaded to Lexa putting her in a very difficult place.

Blood must not have blood would be a very difficult concept to put into place but now was a time where it was really tested.

"Blood must have blood! Death to Skaikru!" Shouts began to ran out though the people. Clans were outraged that Skaikru was still taking actions against them without consequences.