A Conclave

"This is stupid and you know it

"This is stupid and you know it." Nia spoke out against Indra's decision. "I should be our champion not Fio."

When the announcement of the conclave came many warriors offered themselves as champion, Nia included. But with Indra being the leader she was the one to choose and she choose Fio.

"You can be the champion, if you tell me why there would've been a conclave when we thought Clarke was going to become commander." Indra told her her mind going back to that moment. Something spoke out to her and she hadn't yet quite figured it out.

"It doesn't matter anymore. What matters now is our chances at winning this conclave and we both know that I am that chance." Nia insisted to her hoping she would change her mind.

"No, Nia. It is final, Fio will be our champion. He is a good warrior with many skills." Indra replied back. Something told her that Nia shouldn't be in that conclave, not after what had happened in the tower.

Nia huffed at Indra's statement and left the room. She was mad at the situation they were in. Mad at the fact that she wouldn't be fighting for her people. And mad at herself for almost announing her blood status.

"She's not budging." Tate commented once he noticed her tense state.

They had been put in a room while awaiting the beginning of the conclave. Nia was only grateful that it wasn't a room familiar to her because it would bring too many memories.

"I almost told her and the rest of the clans. If it hadn't had been Roan to stop me I might've been Commander." Nia stressed the possibilities. "Now she's punishing me for keeping it from her. But I can't be in that position not now it wouldn't have turned out well."

Tate understood her reasoning. It was a powerful position and when you're not ready to hold it then it could destroy you. Many commanders have made difficult decisions and they would have to live with the consequences of those decisions.

"Maybe it's for the best for you to stay out of the conclave." Tate told her hoping to ease her mind.

Nia sighed not know what the best option for her was. But there was nothing she could do now except hope Fio conquers.

Finally, it was time for the ceremony to announce the champions. The Trikru group stood together as Gaia presented each warrior.

Another defeated sigh left Nia's lips when Fio was called. She wanted nothing more than to be the one fighting for her clan. Gaia began to speak more about how sacred the conclave was when a voice inturrupted.

Everyone watched in shock as Luna, the lost natblida approached. Nia tensed realizing that the competition had just become more harder. Not only that but Luna was fighting for them all to die.

"Indra, please. It's not too late." Nia spoke to Indra beside her. Her words catching the attention of Skaikru.

With Luna in there now, there were only so many that could handle the training she had been through. And one was Nia, seeing that she had been sparring with Lexa since she had become commander, advancing her own skills. But with her in the conclave she would also put the other clans at a disadvantage.