XXIII

A very joyful 38th birthday to our favorite HARRY POTTER. And a happy birthday to JK Rowling! This is a special chapter, in honor of this day. At the end, there will be a sneak peek to the epilogue of this story. Enjoy the chapter!

Dora and Remus stood back to back, wands at the ready. In unison, they quickly casted a shielding charm, looking around for anyone or anything that could potentially harm either of them.

Dora's eyes searched for her aunt, who she'd had attempted to kill her multiple times just for being her sister's half blooded daughter. She awaited the loud cackling of the Death Eaters and green spells sent flying into her house.

It was quiet. Too quiet. The afternoon sun leaked into the room from the broken windows, as did the hot air. Shattered glasses littered the floor. Who the heck took enough time to destroy her living room?

"Maybe we should sneak out?" she asked Remus, blowing her hair to the side.
"That'll be impossible. There has to be some Death Eaters here." he answered, his eyes looking at the door, which was unexpectedly unharmed.

She brushed a finger against her arm. The glass had graced parts of her skin and clothing. Her finger came up bloody and red. She cursed under her breath. Dora could feel Remus chuckling against her back. She guessed he could hear her swearing.

I'm an instant, a jet of green light flew past them. It was a few mere inches away from Remus' ear and nearly hit a strand of her hair. He casted a shielding charm in an attempt to protect the two of them under one shield.

"The invisibility cloak would have been really helpful right about now." he muttered.

The joke wasn't going to help matters, but it was all they had to brighten the mood.

"Who's there?" she called out, hoping for a response from the Order about how this was all a joke. But she knew she wasn't that lucky.

Remus held the charm steady. Dora glanced around then casted the spell to reveal other human presences.

"Homenum revelio." she spoke softly, hoping that there wouldn't be people hiding.

Ah shoot. She swore. It wasn't her beloved Auntie Bellatrix. Nor was it the other Death Eaters. Mad-Eye or the Weasley twins weren't in front of them. Not even a coworker. It was seemingly worse.

If you could consider it worse.

"Fenrir Greyback." Remus snarled with a sweet undertone of sarcasm and dislike, "How lovely... it's wonderful to see you again."
Greyback threw his head back and laughed heartily, his chortles filling the hollow air, "Remus Lupin. I haven't seen you since the astronomy tower. Or maybe since you were a boy, shy of the age of five."

Does glanced at him, shooting him a look to ask if he knew this werewolf. He sighed, giving her the feeling that he would explain later.

She hoped that they could talk this out and buy her some time to think of a plan. Unfortunately, she doubted it would happen. Greyback was a lot more to the point than the Death Eaters.

"There's nothing to do but fight them." she sighed, "everything's blocked, unless you wanna give it a shot and start running."
"That's kind of our only option right now." Remus answered, furiously whispering.
"So be it."
"Back door?"
"Nope. I've got a front door and windows."
"Windows it is. Protego!" he casted a shield charm, stopping most of them from reaching them.

Apparition was not going to work unless they had complete control over what they were going to do and where they were going to go. There weren't many places in range for the young couple to go.