XLIII

Dora glanced down at her tummy, which was more apparent than it had been a week before. They wouldn't be able to anywhere but the Burrow if they wanted to keep this a secret.

She was sitting on the bed, a book in her hands. She really only wore very loose clothing now, and thankfully, summer hadn't ended just yet. Summer dresses and loose shirts were still in season.

She'd still threw up in the mornings, which was not for her or Remus. He also had to deal with craving and emotional swings, which she felt bad for.

She was sitting down most of the time. She often complained to Remus about how her back hurt like crazy. A visit to the Burrow would be absolutely wonderful for her, seeing as Molly had more experience with this sort of thing.

But sleep came easier than it did before. She hated the sick feeling in the morning and even though her husband tried to remedy it, it wasn't much of a help. Remus would always tell her that she seemed to glow with happiness. Dora wasn't sure if she really believed him. Occasionally, her hand would rest on her slightly more visible stomach when she was tired.

Dora felt her husband sit next to her and look down at the book she was reading.

"Pride and Prejudice. I thought you finished that weeks ago." he smiled gently.
She grinned, "I wanted to read it again."
"It's a bit late, is it not? And please don't read like that. It'll kill you eyes."
"If you say so."

She read by the bright tip of her wand. Dora set the book down on the nightstand and shut out the light from her wand. She and Remus slipped under the covers. He wrapped his arms around her waist like her usually did when they went to bed and ended up nuzzling into her back. She felt him smile. She laughed quietly and placed her hands over his.

"Girl or boy?" he asked quietly, in the darkness of the room.
"I don't know." she chuckled, "Maybe a boy to be as amazing as his father."
"Hopefully a girl as wonderful as her mother." he answered, laughing.

They laughed, enjoying the other's company. She still couldn't believe she was going to be mother. Dora constantly placed her hands on her stomach to remind herself that this was all real. That she was married to the most wonderful husband in the world and was going to be a mother in a bit over six months.

She turned around to kiss him on the lips softly, as if it was a reminder to the both of them that this wasn't a dream. That this was real. She was so happy. Happiness made her picture  wisps of steam rising and dancing colorfully.  Bits of sunlight falling through the tress. Flowers blooming happily. A family, sitting cozily together at dinner and laughing and talking. Happiness made her picture a whole new life with her husband and child, after the war was over. Her heart felt lighter and beat joyfully. Her breathing was calm and relaxed. A smile tugged at her lips as she leaned back against Remus. Before she knew it, she fell asleep.

Dora woke up to see her husband looking at the calendar in their room. She sat up, brushing her hair out of her face and watched his expression closely.

"Dora, have you looked at a calendar recently?" he spoke softly, as if not wanting her to hear him.

She glanced at the date. August 18. A full moon. The first one since she told him. She really rather he not worry about this.

"It's fine, Remus. We've done this before. I'll just stay home alone." she stood and moved next to him. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders almost instinctively.
"But not like this." he whispered, "What if something were to happen and I wasn't here."
"It's only the second month, nothing should happen."
"But what if something did, my love."

His fears and concerns weren't hysterical this time. She'd read somewhere that a miscarriage was more likely in the first twelve weeks of pregnancy and she wouldn't want that to happen. They were always very careful. The thought gave her a sinking feeling of unhappiness.

"I can stay at the Burrow for the evening. We can go there now."

She walked out the bedroom door to promptly slip. On what she didn't know, but she knew she didn't hit the floor and that Remus managed to catch her by the arms. He smirked at her before picking her up.

"I remember you scaring me the first time we met." he said, grinning broadly, "I nearly jumped out of my skin."
"And how exactly did I scare you?"
"By greeting me extremely loudly before the first mission."
"I'm never going to regret accidentally scaring you, then." she sighed, "If it meant that I would never have this wonderful life."

Dora was extremely determined to go outside for once. They hadn't done much in the past two weeks other than see her mother once and shop for food twice. She's been gardening the little plant on her windowsill, learning cook without spilling things, and baking (again trying not to drop the tray before she reached the oven). Hopefully seeing the some of the Weasley family would brighten both their spirits.

Apparition made her feel sick as heck. She'd thrown up that morning as usual, and Remus tried to help by giving her chocolate and tea afterwards. He also made breakfast, which consisted of waffles drenched in maple syrup.

They changed into clothing that was not their pajamas, although they could have turned up in their pajamas and they wouldn't care. She threw on a loose yellow summer dress while Remus had wizarding robes, a polo shirt and jeans on. This was one of the most casual outfits she'd seen him wear. She guessed that he was trying not to ruin his good clothes and denim is pretty durable.

She'd packed small bag of things to bring with her. Books, chocolates, her wand and a set of spare clothes. She slung the duffel bag over her shoulder after sliding on a pair of sandals.

They apparated to outside the Burrow. The air was warm and somehow refreshing. It felt lovely to be outside for once. The county fields were a beautiful place to live. She was Remus lived in a suburban area, with a few neighbors who didn't live too close to her. (Though it was surprising that they didn't notice the few attacks they'd had.)

Molly opened the door with a smile and hugged them both on the way in. Dora had a feeling that these visits to her house would be a normal thing.

"Thank you, Molly for letting us stay for a little while." she said grinning.
Molly waved a hand, "Oh it's not a problem darling." she sent a sideways glance to Remus, "You told him right?"
She sighed, "Yes I did."
"Good. Now come inside and have a snack or something. I've got tea and coffee."