XXXVII

THIS IS A THANK YOU CHAPTER! I THINK YOULL LIKE THE ENDING!!!

Clothes and items were strewn upon the floor. Andromeda was shaking, her arms trembled as she reached out to embrace Remus and Dora. Ted was running about the house, picking up things and shoving them into a bag.

"Dad? What-what's going on?" Dora asked, her voice trembling. Remus knew what she was thinking,but bore the same question in mind.
"I have to leave." he said simply, a very vague answer to a very vague question.
"The ministry's pursuing Muggle borns and making them register." Andromeda added.
"Oh Dad." Dora reached out embrace her father, who stopped packing for just a moment to hug his little girl, "We-we could hide you at our house..."

Remus looked on sadly. Ted was something like a friend and a parent combined. Andromeda also joined their hug. He began to feel a little awkward since he was by realky related to them.

But Andromeda, through her sadness, raised an arm encouraging him to join them. Remus did. The hug was comforting and sorrowful. But it was only allowed to last a moment. Dora and Remus had decided to help him pack before he left.

Where would he go? Remus wondered. The world wasn't exactly safe to just go hide out in the forests. This supply of food and clothing would eventually run out. They'd be found out soon. Dora had said that Ted could hide out that their home for a little while, and Remus didn't mind it. He'd rather his father in law stay in the safety of his home than on the run constantly.

Andromeda didn't go with him. Remus knew that for a fact. Her pure blood stars kept her safe—even though she was hated by most of the Black family. Sirius was maybe one of the very few exceptions.

It was time to leave. Ted gave his wife a loving kiss on the cheek and a hug, then simple kiss on the forehead for his daughter. Andromeda had attempted to be strong but gave up in the end and started to cry. Dora was crying, Ted had wiped a few tears from their cheeks when he embraced them.

Remus's eyes were watery. The atmosphere was depressing and crushing. Breathing seemed to become harder to do, even though it was the simplest of tasks. He may not have been so overly close with her family, but then loved and treated him like family. So much more than Remus could ever ask for. He expected a handshake when Ted approached him, but Ted had hugged him instead. It took Remus a few seconds to realize that he was being hugged.

"Take care of her, please Remus. I trust you." Ted whispered so the girls wouldn't hear.
"Of-of course." he answered, his voice shaking with worry.

Then Ted left. Andromeda rushed to close the door behind him. She leaned against it, her hands covering her face. Then realized that her daughter and Remus were still here.

"You both best better be going." she stated sadly, moving to the side and opening the door.
"Bye Mum." Dora said softly, hugging her mother one last time.
Remus embraced his mother in law quickly and gently, "We'll see you another time."
"It was wonderful seeing you both." Andromeda waved them off.

They headed back to the house to change into more presentable wear for a wedding. Remus slipped on a white button down shirt with brown work pants and a simple coat with small yellow buttons on the cuffs of the sleeves. Remus hoped to dress nicely.

Dora came out of the bedroom wearing a lilac colored dress that fell a bit below her knees. The dress's sleeves were above her elbows with a sort of wave decoration at the ends. The square neckline complimented the little star necklace she'd decided to wear. The at the bottom of the dress were little, bedazzling gems that sparkled when she moved. The bodice hugged her waist, but the shirt puffed out just a little. Remus was speechless. She looked absolutely gorgeous.

Dora looked up at him, her delicate lips curling into a smile. Her eyebrows were raised high and he knew that it was so utterly obvious that he was looking at her dress. Dora's chocolate eyes twinkled in the light, dancing with laughter and sweetness.

His wife smiled at him, "Does it look alright? I've never worn this dress."
"You look absolutely amazing, my love." he answered, almost a whisper.
"Thank you." she slipped on her black flats.
Remus pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead, knowing that she'd been fretting about her father, "They'll both be completely fine. I promise."

She grinned at him one last time before they stepped outside and apparated to the Burrow. The place was wonderfully decorated, in white and gold flowers. They were seated not so far from the front and were able to see all of the ceremony. The Weasley family greeted them warmly before the ceremony began. Magic made the wedding more romantic and beautiful. Sparkles and lights. Tears of joy and the sounds of birds and bells ringing.

The celebration began not so long afterwards. Remus and Dora had been able to talk to quite a few of the guests. They'd spoken to Harry for a little while before leaving to chat with someone else. Molly finally had the chance to really talk to the both of them. She'd also asked if Dora had managed household spells yet.

This was one of the times he'd seen his wife happily interact with people. So bright and colorful. Absolutely radiant and shining. She seemed to be able to talk to everyone so easily, unlike him. So, of course it was her that dragged him to dance. Since they married, his footsteps when they danced became more loose and free. She's the most wonderful woman in the world. He laughed and grinned whenever he saw her. He just couldn't stop smiling in her presence.

His world always seemed so black and white. Sure, he had friends that cared about him and that he cared about in return and the colors grew, slowly but surely. After all the drama, his world had faded to black and white and shades of gray. But it became so colorful and bright the moment he'd met her. Nothing kept his heart racing like she did. The colors seemed brighter and more beautiful than they ever were before. So intense and delicate at the same time.

He looked at her, begging him playfully to dance with her. He couldn't say no. Her eyes were bright and so full of life. Her smile shined. They danced, laughing. Suddenly, the light in her eyes changed, becoming worried and uncertain. Something was wrong.

"Remus, I-I kind of have to tell you something." she whispered so only he could hear.
He delicately led her into a twirl, "Yes?"
"I'm-I'm..." she looked away for a moment, then looked into his eyes, joyful and uncertain at the same exact time, "pregnant."

.