LI

Dora ran as fast as she could through the kitchen to embrace her sobbing mother. For what reason her mother was upset, she didn't know. She'd sent Remus to fetch a few cups of tea while she and her mother sat down on the couch.

Dora had no idea what was wrong. Her heart ached at the sight of her seemingly broken mother. She knew something had happened, but she wasn't absolutely sure she wanted to find out. Remus came back with three cups of tea on a tray. He handed on to her mother.

"Thank you, Remus." she sniffled, "It's-it's your father, Dora."

Her breathing hitched. She could only fear the worst. Dora's heart began to race.

"Did-did something happen?" Dora asked her eyes wide and pleading, "Mum?"
Her mother had begun to cry again, "We'd just received the message that ... he was killed."

The news crushed Dora, and her already frayed nerves fell apart. Another death. When would all of this suffering end! She didn't hold back the tears that fell. Her stomach twisted and turned. Of felt as if a bad squeezed her lungs and she could barely breathe. Remus' eyes had also widened in shock and surprise. He'd fumbled with the tray holding the cups.

Her dad. Her loving and caring father. He'd never meet his grandson. She couldn't imagine a world without her carefree father who'd loved and cared for all of them regardless of what they did. Of course, Dora knew this would be harder for her mother.

Sobs reached her seemingly frail body, Remus knelt down in an attempt to figure out how to comfort her. She reached out for him and he stood to embrace her as he brushed bits of hair out of her face.

Crying wasn't good for the baby, but she just couldn't seem to stop. It felt as if they'd cried for hours.

Dora had offered her mother a place to sleep, but they'd already turned the guest room into a nursery, so all there was left was the couch. She'd felt terrible. Her mother had rejected the offer, insisting she'd rather stay at her own home. Remus looked as if he'd wanted to ask something but sealed his lips.

He put a comforting arm around her shoulders as she sniffled. Dora hugged her mother one last time before letting go. He was looking at her, amber eyes full of deep sadness. She couldn't understand for a moment, then it hit her.

Tonight. Tonight was the full moon.

Her breath caught in her throat. Her husband was anxiously looking out the window. He did this every time. Every single time. The old doubts had resurfaced and he'd worry like crazy, the gray streaks in his hair more apparent than usual. She was a bit more calm, but her nerves had been frayed to bits and pieces.

"Remus, everything will be totally fine." she ran a hand through his hair, "Like it always is."
"But what if it's not this time?" he fretted, "I mean, what if you or I just killed tonight? We know that Death Eaters will go after anyone associated with the Order or Harry. What if, you know, I died and you and the baby were all by your—"
"Don't talk like that!" she shouted, "You're not dying on me. Ever. And if you did, I'd kill you."

She smacked him lightly on the shoulder. Remus flinched. She could see where his fears were coming from. She was due any day now. For all they knew, it could be an hour or a week.

Tonight would be like every other night. She'd entertain herself through books and practicing spells. Attempting to make tea and cleaning as much as she could. Of course, that wouldn't stop her husband's worries.

"Why don't you go reinforce the protection spells?" Dora asked, pleading with him, "It'll calm your worries."
Remus sighed, grabbing his wand, "Alright."
"Thank you." she whispered, standing on her tippy toes to kiss him on the cheek.

He smiled and lightly pushed a few strands of hair out of her face. He left the door open so he'd be able to hear if she was calling him. Dora sat back down, realizing that her feet hurt like heck.

A few hours had passed. They'd spent the time (after Remus had finished the protection spells) dancing to songs on the radio—and resting more than once during each song—and telling stories.  Laughing between songs. They'd cleaned and fixed up the house. Had a fight with the sink hose thing (whatever it was called) and a spray bottle filled with water without wands. (What a childish thing to do for two adults.) It ended with the both of them being completely soaked. She'd won because she was a lot more competitive and had the sink hose thing. Had taken quick showers. And he just let her nap for the next hour.

Suddenly it was time for him to go....

"Please come back." her voice was wistfully and tired, as it usually was.
"I promise." he answered, wrapping his arms around her waist. Though he sort of seemed to struggle with it, her stomach had gotten in the way.

He kissed her gently, as a silent promise that he'd be back for her. For them. Then pulled away with a smile, cupping her face in his hands delicately.

"I'm sorry." he whispered, quiet enough that she almost didn't hear him and looking away.
"It's not your fault." she answered, knowing him.

Forced into a situation that he hadn't asked for, simply because another person provoked it accidentally. She knew how he felt. It was never a victim's fault. Hiding away from the eyes of men who'd study her carefully, as if she was his next affair. Staying with her closest friends only. Trusting very few. Being afraid of being liked only because of her abilities. As and as she may have had it, her husband had it worse.

It was never his fault. Yet he constantly blamed himself.

Helloooo dear friends, how's your day been? Anyway, I've recently just started The Selection series (yeah I know Im weird) I'm also learning sign language so that's pretty cool.

Question of the chapter:
Book recommendations?

I need some new reading material. But my recommendations for you guys are Percy Jackson (if you haven't read it yet), this book called Windfall, it's actually pretty cool, Three Dark Crowns, it's like a royal kinda version of the Hunger Games and a series called Gods of Manhattan, it's really interesting as you'll learn about New York's history while enjoying the plot.

Alright that's all for today!
Love you all,
Abby