LVII

Dora was happily playing with Teddy on the bedroom bed while Remus stood nearby, glancing at the wall. She covered her face, then pulled her hand away with a different expression or feature. Teddy would burst into giggles and nearly fall backward. She was holding him with her other hand.

"Remus look!" she cried happily, "He's smiling."
"That's wonderful, darling." came the blunt and curt reply.

Teddy babbled and reached out for his father. He was laughing as Dora changed the colors of her hair, making it shift from blue to purple to pink. In another moment, she made it an ombré pink, the dark parts starting at her roots.

Her husband turned around. The frustration in his amber eyes softened. A sad smile tugged at his lips. She picked up Teddy to hand to Remus. He eagerly picked up Teddy. Her son laughed, his hair was a bright orange, matching the Weasleys' hair.

Her eyes drifted over to the calendar. Tomorrow was the full moon. Her eyes widened. Then they softened with pity. She stood up and moved next to her husband and child, then wiped a dribble of saliva from her son's chin.

"Why don't we visit Mum today?" she asked softly, as if the question was directed to her son, not her husband.
"That's a wonderful idea." the harshness in his voice had faded away, replaced with gentleness. He was watching Teddy intently, smiling.

Dora shoved a few diapers and pillows into a bag. Along with necessary food supplies, extra clothes, their wands and a few galleons. Remus was playing happily with Teddy. They'd changed out of pajamas and into wizarding robes. They'd debated on having Teddy Hufflepuff colors or Gryffindor colors. He backed down very soon after the argued began. He wore a little onesie with yellow and black stripes. She smirked, taking him from Remus' arms.

They apparated to her mum's house. She came outside to breed them almost immediately. For the strangest reason, Teddy wasn't the least bothered by apparition. He didn't cry or scream while in Dora's arms.

Her mum embraced them all eagerly. She kissed her cheek, and hugged Remus like a son. Her mother's eyes lit up at the sight of Teddy, who was laughing.

"Neither of you must've gotten any sleep." she looked at them in pity. "I'll watch him, you two rest."
"Thanks Mum, But I think we'll be awake. After all we've had a few cups of coffee and I'll sleep later." Dora smiled and she passed Teddy to Remus as they entered the house.

They moved their bags into the house, studying their surroundings eagerly. Her mum let them use the guest bedroom while Teddy would sleep with them in a spare crib.

Her mum had suddenly stopped them for a moment. Dora nearly tripped over their bags, thankfully Remus was holding Teddy. 

"This would make a lovely picture, smile!" Her mum flashing a camera.

Dora mumbled quietly 'really?', but her husband must've heard her and to laugh. She did too. At the sight of his parents enjoying themselves, Teddy was giggling along with them. She'd felt a happiness she'd never experienced before, a warmth as if she was drinking a cup of her husband's hog chocolate, comforting and caring at the same time. She stood on her tippy toes to kiss Remus on the cheek. Teddy was reaching for her, smiling.

"Remus, look this time." she whispered, and he looked down at his son proudly. They beamed, cooing gently.

She hadn't even noticed her mother had snapped another picture.

Her mum had made copies of the pictures and gave Remus the original ones. He was beaming widely, and even hugged her mother. Her mum looked shocked, but hugged him anyway.

The day had passed on, and her mum was playing with Teddy happily, giving Remus and Dora alone time and time to sleep. Something she was utterly grateful for.

The evening came swiftly, and it was almost time for him to leave. Remus was dressed casually, wearing wizard's robes atop a shirt with jeans. He watched her sadly.

"Whatever you do, don't go inside until you're absolutely sure." he gently caressed her chin, looking her in the eyes, "Your mum will be asleep, right?"
"Yes, Remus. Please calm down. Teddy's not going to a be a werwolf."
"We don't know that for sure, love."
"Look at him, he's so cute." in all seriousness, it wasn't the time to joke, the mood needed a little lightening.
"You thought I was cute."
"You still are, in an adult sort of way."
"Funny."
"I know I am."

They laughed, but it held a tinge or sadness, making the mood almost solemn. She felt a tear slip down her cheek. He embraced her gently, amber eyes twinkling gently. She hated the way she had to stand on her tippy toes to give him a kiss or a hug. Her arms were wrapped around his neck loosely, while his were under hers. A warm and tight embrace, one they couldn't seem to let go.

They pulled away, only to come together again in a kiss. A warm feeling flooded her senses. She felt completely unable to pull away. Once they did, they ended up just looking at each other. Chocolate eyes staring into amber ones, beaming sadly. She grabbed an umbrella and nearly shoved it into his arms. She wiped another tear that slipped down her face.

"It might rain in the morning." she sniffled.
"Thank you." he whispered, and she almost didn't hear him.
"Please come back."
"I could never leave you and Teddy." he glanced away for a moment, then met her eyes again, "I'm sorry."
"It's not your fault. It never was."

He didn't say a thing, instead, quickly pressed his lips to hers once more. Then left without another word. She waved him off. Another tear slipped away, this time, she didn't fight it. She left to go see Teddy and feed him before the night begun.

She looked into the same amber eyes of her husband once more, present in their baby boy.

Hey what's up wizards and witches! How's your day been? Anyway, I'm super tired cause the Columbus Day weekend (in the US) is over and I have not gotten much sleep. I'll be taking my nap now cause I just got off from school.

Love you allllllll,
Abby