LXIII

Okay, so just a note. The scene close to the end might differ a bit from canon and I'm really sorry about that. Enjoy the chapter!

P. S. It's a really long chapter and I hope you don't mind. 😘😘

Remus was running. Running away from his attacker like a coward. He wasn't actually sure who he was dueling at the moment, but was 99.9% sure it was Antoin Dolohov. But there's always a possibility it's not because he couldn't see under the Death Eater hood.

He dashed across the grounds, only hoping he would survive for his wife and son. Soon, he felt his strength depleting as his legs grew weary. But the moment he saw her face in his mind again, he found the power to keep running.

Chocolate eyes. A teasing smirk tugging at her cheeks. Bright pink hair that framed her heart shaped face.

He was going to see her again. He was going to survive to see them again.

He ran past Kingsley, who'd called his name, but he didn't pause to hear what he said. Remus hadcaught a snippet of it.

"She's here." he heard, Kingsley's voice a whisper.

It took less than a moment for Remus to realize who he was talking about.

His wife... he'd see his Dora again.

He soon found himself in the Astronomy tower, where they had fought a year ago. It had seemed so long ago to Remus. Since then, he'd been living in a constant state of euphoria and ecstasy.

His wife and son had made living worthwhile. His wife... his Dora.

Dolohov was right behind him, raising his wand gleefully as he was about to cast for the kill. Suddenly, his attacker was hit by a blast of light and slammed against the wall and slumped against it, struggling soundlessly.

Remus turned to his savior. All he saw was a relived figure rushing towards him. A flash of pink hair caught his eye.

She looked a mess, but beautiful nonetheless.

Dora.

He was really going to see her again.

~oOo~

Dora quickly cast a spell at whoever Remus was dueling, keeping him or her bound for only a few moments. She surged towards him, her legs finding the strength they didn't have only moments ago. Remus spotted her. He looked mess, like he'd come back from a full moon.

Suddenly, she felt his lips on hers, trapped in a firm embrace as she felt herself being picked up. She wasn't that light, was she?

"Dora? You're not supposed to be here?" Remus shouted as they ran to meet each other, a confused and frowning expression trying to hide the grin spreading on his face, "Teddy and your mum need you."
"They'll be fine, Remus." she smiled sadly, a twinkle in her eye, "And besides, I know it's you who need me more than anything tonight."
"Right as always, love." he brought his lips to hers again, as she ran her hands through his hair.

The spell had worn off whoever Remus was dueling. And they heard a voice masculine hiss behind them.

"What a lovely reunion." the voice dripped with sarcasm, taunting them, "The werewolf and fool who married him. Sounds quite like a fairytale."

And he got up, threw his hood back, and laughed harshly. Dolohov, she thought bitterly. He'd nearly killed the both of them many times, and now came back to finish. He shot a spell, but thanks to her quick thinking, she'd casted a shielding charm in a matter of moments. The charm protected them from the blast of green light,