LVI

"Dora?"
"Hmm...?"
"He's crying again."

She sleepily moaned, nearly shoving Remus off the bed, to go get Teddy. Her husband complied and came back with the screaming baby in his arms, looking tired and exhausted. She reached out for him, trying to figure out what Teddy wanted? Diaper change? Hungry? Wanted to play a game?

"What's wrong, hun?" she asked Teddy, as if he could form a vocal response. Her son only cried. She sighed loudly. Remus sat back down next to her.

She wanted to cry, honestly. She felt like such a horrible mother sometimes. She hardly ever knew what Teddy wanted. How did Molly or her mother do this?

"I'm a horrible mother!" she cried, feeling the tears finally spill over, "How did Molly do this? How did Mum do this?"
"Dora, they've had more experience. We've been parents for a week or so." Remus answered comfortingly, but his figure wavered, threatening to collapse next to her.

The salty tears slipped from her eyes, a few landing on Teddy's little face, who stopped crying and looked up in confusion.

"Oh, I'm sorry honey." she gently wiped her son's face clean of tears, "Don't tell me you were pulling my leg."

Teddy only looked at her, Remus was leaning on her, his eyes fluttering. Her eyelids were heavy, same as her husband. Teddy squirmed in her arms, as of that would fully wake her up. She nearly fell asleep leaning on Remus. They'd had absolutely no sleep for the past few days, nor any time for each other.

She glanced down at Teddy. How could one child be awake this early? She sighed, wiping her eyes. Teddy had begun to cry again, making Remus jump up in shock. This time, he actually fell off the bed, the blankets coming off with him. Dora laughed quite loudly, leaning over to look at her husband. Remus laid on the floor, seeming complete resigned, legs against the side of the bed. He was confused at first, but then started laughing. Teddy stopped crying for just a moment, seeming to laugh at his father laying on the floor.

"Are you okay?" she managed to say between laughs, "I had considered pushing you off the bed earlier."
"Yes, I'm fine. And really?" Remus didn't get up and spoke from his spot on the carpet.
"I wanted you to go get Teddy."

She was still laughing, unable to hold back the giggles. That warm feeling flooded through her, making her smile. Teddy started to cry again.

"I'm sorry, Teddy." she almost laughed.

He was obviously hungry, she thought, and started to breastfeed him. He seemed to calm down, but Dora still couldn't stop laughing. Remus stood and laid back down on the bed. She was leaning against the bed frame, while he laid down next to her.

Oh sure as heck I'm letting him sleep while Teddy and I are still awake, she thought, smirking. Teddy was gurgling happily as he looked at his mother with his round amber colored eyes, hair a simple brown at the moment. She gently placed Teddy on Remus' chest, where he laid down. She wished she could get a camera and take a picture. She wordlessly cast the summoning charm, bringing her camera from the other room.

She quickly snapped a picture, before Remus woke up. He wasn't able to lift his head yet, so Dora held him up straight while her husband was slowly coming to the realization that their son was sitting on his chest. He started to laugh. They'd both seemed to have lost control over their emotions from lack of sleep.

Little Teddy seemed to yawn, waving his fists in the air as Dora held him.

She nudged Remus, who seemed to be nodding off again, "Come on, we have to put him to sleep." He groaned in response then stood up.

He walked with her to the nursery, holding the doors. She gently placed Teddy in his crib, who was already asleep. She smiled softly, then moved over to close the curtains of the window. As her fingers gripped the silk, she noticed the constellations and stars in the night sky.

"Remus, look." she said in amazement as he made his way over to her.
"Don't tell me you know half of them by memory because all of your aunts and uncles are named after constellations."
"Actually no."
"Thank God." he leaned down to kiss her, she eagerly complied. After a few moments, they pulled away, silently laughing and gasping for air.
"I'd hate to be like Mum's side of the family. Please tell me that there's no Teddy bear constellation or anything." she laughed.
"There's the Ursa Major and Ursa Minor." he began bluntly, "They're bears."
"Oh my God. How did you remember that?"
"I passed Astronomy, unlike your wonderful cousin."
"Your cousin too, now. You've married into my family."

They laughed. Then saddened at the thought of Sirius. He didn't feel like a cousin to either of them. More like a brother. They used to be so close, and then he'd died. Dora couldn't stand the look on her mother's face when they'd told her about his passing. Remus slipped his hand into hers and gave it a gentle squeeze. They smiled, then they reached up to close the curtains.

Dora moved over to the crib, watching Teddy's hair changed colors in his sleep. Remus moved to stand next to her after lingering at the window for a few moments.

"Maybe we should visit Mum, tomorrow." she said, smiling, "She'd love to see Teddy again."
"I don't see why not."

She ran her hands through his hair, with had more gray streaks than they should have at his age. But a few streaks had faded away, leaving messy golden brown waves. The crinkles had faded from his face, making him look so much younger than he actual age. The lines around his eyes showed how much he smiled and laughed nowadays. Beautiful amber eyes, ones that had her in their grasp the moment she spotted him. She was glad to know her son would forever have the same eyes as his wonderful father.

That was, until he would decide to change them with his ability. Or did it accidentally.

Hey guys! What's up? *does the sign for it in sign language*. Anyway, question this time is what's your favorite part of this story?

I'm the writer, I'm not allowed to answer.

Love you all and thank you,
Abby