[ 3 ] * Doctor Park

*

"Here."

"What's this?"

"I made a new list."

For a while, Chanyeol stares at the folded piece of paper Baekhyun is handing in front of him. He takes it without opening it first, then he looks at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun clears his throat, hides his hands behind his back, and tears his gaze away.

"You told me last week that we're going to continue my list, didn't you? I thought about it carefully and revised it a lot of times. And that, Chanyeol sunbae, is the final draft."

"Is this a kind of novel or something," Chanyeol nonchalantly remarks. He adjusts himself as he sits on the hood of the car while Baekhyun stands across him. "I'm not even surprised you took a whole week to finish this."

"I put my whole heart into it and that's all you're gonna say," Baekhyun mumbles. "What a jerk."

"Are you saying something?"

Baekhyun scrunches his nose. "No, I'm not."

Chanyeol snorts, laughing a bit at Baekhyun's cute reaction.

That familiar sound, they both hear, so Baekhyun immediately turns his head to the person same goes for Chanyeol. Mrs. Park has her eyes on Baekhyun's face which travel quickly down on the paper on Chanyeol's hand.

Chanyeol folds it, hiding it inside his coat. He goes back to not glancing at his mother.

Baekhyun has already memorized the scary sound of her high heels, and it's like a body reflex, that he would bow down and distance himself from Chanyeol everytime she is near.

"Get back inside," Youngmi commands, pertaining to Baekhyun which the male automatically responds with a quick trembling bow, looking at the ground.

If only not for Chanyeol's objection, Baekhyun wouldn't stop on his tracks.

"Baekhyun, stay here."

Baekhyun chooses not to move.

"You need to accompany your father to Dr. Philip's hospital at ten o'clock. His wife also wanted to meet you in my behalf."

"I didn't forget," Chanyeol replies. He stands up and walks towards Baekhyun, suddenly grabbing his arm. "And I'm taking Baekhyun with me."

Baekhyun's eyes widen, as well as Mrs. Park's.

"Are you out of your mind!?" she blurts out, eyebrows angrily furrowed at her son who looks like he doesn't really give a fuck about everything. "Bringing this guy to our house wasn't enough and you still want to disgrace our family by taking him with you!?"

"I-it's fine, Chanyeol sunbae! I-I can just, stay here and hide myself well---" Baekhyun stutters nervously, but his mini-protests are ignored as Chanyeol is already dragging him by the wrist. Chanyeol opens the door of the car and shoves Baekhyun inside the passanger's seat. He enters the car as well and occupies the driver's seat.

Youngmi holds her temples. "You! Are such an ungrateful child!"

"Why are you yelling in this broad daylight?" Mr. Park asks when he arrives, which his wife doesn't bother to answer as she retreats inside the mansion, walking out of his face.

Sungjin gets inside the car, finding Chanyeol with an extra baggage beside him. Baekhyun learns not to meet the elder's judging eyes as he always stays lowly like he doesn't exist.