[ 9 ] Till Death Do Us Part

*

Chanyeol looks around the hotel suite illuminated by scented candle lights while rose petals scatter elegantly on the floor. The staff sprinkled some petals on top of the bed and on the bath too, filling the room with pink, red and orange colour. The small dining table beside the bed is also nicely decorated with a vase between two empty champagne glasses.

It smells romantic as fuck so Chanyeol can't help cringing a little to himself seeing the result of his once simple plan for this night date. If only his father hadn't interfered and told him to prepare, he wouldn't have done this shit.

But he's quite glad his father bothered to care.

He's quite glad his father actually cared.

"I think this is a bit too much," Chanyeol mutters to himself as he glares at the heart shape on the bed formed by rose petals. He lifts an unamused eyebrow.

"Fuck, what the hell is this?" He ruins it with his hand like a child playing with mud. He hums once he's done, feeling satisfied of his work. "There."

Looking around, he had a glimpse of the window heading to the balcony so he goes there to check. The beautiful view of New York City welcomes his eyes, putting a tiny smile on his lips.

"I hope he'll like this."

Baekhyun wrote down on his list that he wanted to see New York City during night time, so Chanyeol had to make sure that his wish will come true tonight.

Hearing the doorbell ring, he turns around quick and immediately straightens up. He looks down at his watch, grinning to himself that Baekhyun is five minutes early at their rendezvous.

Before taking a step towards the door, he smells his breath first and fixes his hair on the mirror just to ensure he looks more handsome than what he already is. He clears his throat twice and practices a bright smile by stretching his cheeks and jaw.

He calms his heart down.

"Alright, let's do it."

The doorbell rings again, so he goes to open it with an extra skip on his steps.

*

Just as soon as the cab halts in front of the luxurious hotel, Baekhyun quickly gets off the car he almost forgot to pay the fare. Carrying the box of wine as he runs, he enters the establishment in his ragged clothing and ignores the judging stares people are throwing at him. He doesn't bother to ask the front desk as he heads to the elevator, pressing the button of the floor written on the paper Mrs. Park gave him.

He needs to get this shit over with so that he can go to Chanyeol on time.

"Come on, I need get this done already," Baekhyun tells himself as he taps his foot impatiently. The room is still on the 35th floor. "All I have to do is give this to the guest then head straight to Chanyeol sunbae." He remembers at the end of Chanyeol's text that his room is at the topmost floor of the building, at the 52nd floor.

He still has roughly five minutes.

"I hope I make it on time."

Ting!

Baekhyun runs off like a flash.

It takes three rushed presses on the doorbell before the owner of the suite finally opens their door. Trying not to appear rude in front of Mrs. Park's guest, Baekhyun manages to prepare a forced smile on his mouth when a woman comes into his view.

Baekhyun musters his best speaking skills before he talks in a small voice.

"Good evening, Miss. Mrs. Youngmi Park sent me here to hand this over to---"